What is your reaction to this picture?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 07:55 AM
RE: What is your reaction to this picture?
My first thought is that she is only going to get fatter.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2012, 08:33 AM
(30-09-2012 06:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 01:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yep, your fucked.

Well wait. If a dyslexic theist is fucked, do they prefer it Goddy Style?

Goddy Style right up the ass, Erx, right up the ass.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm thinking if I slapped some testosterone gel on her fatass and got her lifting some heavyass dumbbells, first from her wheelchair, and later from the floor, I could turn her into a proper Sumo yet. Yes

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-09-2012, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 06:02 PM by Luminon.)
(25-09-2012 01:39 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I saw her in Walmart the other day.

Initially, it makes me angry because my dad is handicap (has a disease) and cannot walk, and whenever we go into Walmart and try to find him an electric cart there aren't any because they are all in use (presumably by people like her).

After this initial reaction, though, I catch myself and feel bad for getting angry. I don't know her situation, and she could have a disease that makes her obese just like my dad has a disease that prevents him from walking.

On the other hand, she more than likely doesn't have a disease and got to the point she is by over eating her entire life.
My reaction? Pity. A hardcore drug addict, basically. Evolution shaped us to release strong endorphins when we taste meat, sugar and fat. Endorphins are basically opiates, like heroin. We can get addicted to them easily, without even having a special genetic predisposition obesity. It's just one of ways how evolution got us ill-prepared for modern life and how McDonald is so good at making money off it.

Oh, there is a flamewar going on, sorry, I didn't notice. Please continue.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
01-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Seriously, nobody else sees those food items for $1.88!? $1.88!!! I don't even know what the fuck they are but I'm shocked beyond belief of how low that price is.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-10-2012, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 07:57 AM by Lilith Pride.)
The item at 1.88 is a manufactured drink for kids. There is really cheap food though. Americans are fat cause they can afford it =p

As far as the picture I don't think much f anything when I see obese people. I know plenty and when they get so fat that they start becoming amorphous blobs you just have to admit that walking is going to be nearly impossible. I'm not thin and I don't think being thin is th definite way to answer everything. If she lasts through her 40's she'll probably lose some as her body starts rapidly eating away at it. Skinny young eople look fne, but skinny old people loo like prunes

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
That kind of obesity is more of a hell for them on Earth. I'm sure no person would willingly desire to be that obese and have those kind of complications such as not walking effectively at the market. I find it hard to judge that woman.

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes Chase's post
02-10-2012, 04:59 PM
I gave it a thought and found out a bit more about such a situation. Call me weird, but I don't perceive the real world around like normal people. I feel it not as it really is, but as it affects me. If it doesn't affect me, I am basically blind towards the world, and the brain is left to think whatever clever thing it wants.

On a deeper level I feel "I'm glad it's not me." It's easy to be tolerant towards problems if they are other people's problems, that basically don't affect me. (I wonder if that still qualifies as tolerance Confused ) Of course I'd hate to be fat (specially when I'm far from skinny) and I'd be ashamed to go out to the street, but other people's problems are nothing or minor annoyances, at most.

I'm highly self-critical and I think in a double standard, you perfectionist jerk. (me)
Other people's problems are fine, at least I'm not the only or the most imperfect one around here. I can even try to help if asked and if possible, which is a fine feeling too. I love to help people when it doesn't cost me money. If I had a reliable income, I'd include even the money.
But when it comes to significant others in a relationship, I take them very close, treating them like a part of myself. As such, I'd be very intolerant towards a girlfriend that is fat or a smoker. Or dumb. I'd hate in her the same things that I hate in myself, precisely because she'd be sort of my extension, basically. Makes a lot of sense. I suppose there's not many people with such a personality going around. It's a total self-centeredness, not egoism but basically inability to perceive or imagine the world other than through a proverbial mirror deep inside. (and through objective rules of logic) And deep inside is not a very good place for an optical instrument Smile
02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
The picture reminded me of some of my family members.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
04-10-2012, 02:18 AM
(25-09-2012 02:43 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 02:29 PM)Freethinking Atheist Wrote:  That's the reason why obese people just keep getting fatter. They don't want to walk off the pounds.

Alas, if it were only that simple.

It is that simple for those whose bodies still work. I have been putting on a few pounds lately, due to my job. I sit at a desk all night. I have started walking every day now. I walked twice tonight and will probably walk about 3 miles tomorrow just for the hell of it with my dog. I will never allow my weight to get out of control.