What is your ultimate authority?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.2 Average
05-10-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: What is your ultimate authority?
(05-10-2014 03:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 03:02 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You haven't provided anything against my argument. You've just baselessly dismissed it. You have to refute it, because I'm attacking the base of your beliefs.

What beliefs?

Your belief that everything requires logical proof.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 03:08 PM
(05-10-2014 03:02 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You haven't provided anything against my argument. You've just baselessly dismissed it. You have to refute it, because I'm attacking the base of your beliefs.

You haven't provided a coherent argument.

Havarti cheese is excellent. Why am I in my thirties and just now discovered it?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-10-2014, 03:08 PM
(05-10-2014 03:06 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 03:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  What beliefs?

Your belief that everything requires logical proof.

I don't believe that.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-10-2014, 03:11 PM
(05-10-2014 03:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

You haven't provided a coherent argument.

Havarti cheese is excellent. Why am I in my thirties and just now discovered it?

Heathen, I beg you - what has been coherent in any of it? Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
(05-10-2014 03:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 03:06 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Your belief that everything requires logical proof.

I don't believe that.

Well, that explains alot. Laughat

Truth seeker.
(05-10-2014 03:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Havarti cheese is excellent. Why am I in my thirties and just now discovered it?

My parents visited from the UK and gave us a big lump of cheddar. We can't get it here in Germany nor can we bring any back with us overwise it melts on the plane. So I get to eat it once or twice a year.

Just simple cheddar but it's like the food of kings to us.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
05-10-2014, 03:19 PM
My ultimate authority is both my own moral code and the society in which I live in. I derive my own moral code from everything around me, my experiences, my self, and society.

We must all abide by the laws that our society has built as if we do not, everything will fail. Our laws are built off the people composed of individuals; therefor, the most ultimate authority is yourself and those in which influence you.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
05-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Shadow you are pissin' in the wind trying to have a real conversation with Diddles.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-10-2014, 03:25 PM
(05-10-2014 03:19 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  My ultimate authority is both my own moral code and the society in which I live in. I derive my own moral code from everything around me, my experiences, my self, and society.

We must all abide by the laws that our society has built as if we do not, everything will fail. Our laws are built off the people composed of individuals; therefor, the most ultimate authority is yourself and those in which influence you.

A moral code isn't an ultimate authority. What is the absolute base for your beliefs?

Truth seeker.
05-10-2014, 03:29 PM
(05-10-2014 03:25 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 03:19 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  My ultimate authority is both my own moral code and the society in which I live in. I derive my own moral code from everything around me, my experiences, my self, and society.

A moral code isn't an ultimate authority. What is the absolute base for your beliefs?

Oh please...You don't even know what your ultimate authority is. All I can gather that it is a god from no religion that is completely unknown to anyone besides you. If you ever care to actually elaborate maybe folks would just realizes this and move on.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell