What is your ultimate authority?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.2 Average
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: What is your ultimate authority?
(07-10-2014 04:18 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  So you take ultimate authority from a perfect being that doesn't care about you because you're a piece of shit sinner.

Yep. Weeping

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 08:59 PM
(07-10-2014 08:11 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 01:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Except that you have to use logic to know anything about logic. You're thinking in a circle.

*eye twitch*

Did you even read what I wrote? Logic is a tool made in the mind of intelligent beings in order to deal with the world we find ourselves in. I'm sure there's a neuroscientist somewhere who can explain it better.

Logic isn't a rule. It won't transcend humans. It isn't absolute.

It is a tool. Created by intelligent beings. It is evidence of an intelligent observer, not an intelligent designer.

How do you know this? Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.
07-10-2014, 09:07 PM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-10-2014, 09:10 PM
(05-10-2014 01:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  If you don't have one, your position is absurd.

I do have one, and he likes to switch up positions often...keeps the spice in our relationship Wink

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
07-10-2014, 09:11 PM
(07-10-2014 09:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

This just gave me a panic attack. I'm stressing about all the c-spine injuries and subdurals. I need a brown paper bag right now.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
07-10-2014, 09:14 PM
(07-10-2014 09:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:07 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

This just gave me a panic attack. I'm stressing about all the c-spine injuries and subdurals. I need a brown paper bag right now.

I'm worried about all the forum members tumbling after diddo's stupid cheese roll in the this thread. Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-10-2014, 10:06 PM
(07-10-2014 08:59 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:11 PM)natachan Wrote:  *eye twitch*

Did you even read what I wrote? Logic is a tool made in the mind of intelligent beings in order to deal with the world we find ourselves in. I'm sure there's a neuroscientist somewhere who can explain it better.

It is a tool. Created by intelligent beings. It is evidence of an intelligent observer, not an intelligent designer.

How do you know it's not the case?

Provide an honest answer or I'm done. If you can't provide a non-circular argument or one I haven't debunked I have better things to do and my ignore list can be added to.
07-10-2014, 10:16 PM
(07-10-2014 08:59 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:11 PM)natachan Wrote:  *eye twitch*

Because Wikipedia tells us so.

Logic

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
08-10-2014, 08:13 AM
(07-10-2014 01:47 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 01:41 AM)Ace Wrote:  nothing, I heed to no ultimate authority what so ever

I only listen to what the evidence says, if it has no evidence behind it then I classify it as unproven and not worth my time

What gives you the authority to do that? Drinking Beverage

That's how logic works. I'm not surprised that you don't get this.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
08-10-2014, 08:36 AM
(05-10-2014 01:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  If you don't have one, your position is absurd.

I am my own ultimate authority in the same way you are your own ultimate authority.