What is your ultimate authority?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.2 Average
08-10-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: What is your ultimate authority?
(07-10-2014 10:06 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 08:59 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  How do you know this? Drinking Beverage

How do you know it's not the case?

Provide an honest answer or I'm done. If you can't provide a non-circular argument or one I haven't debunked I have better things to do and my ignore list can be added to.

Really? You're asking me to prove a negative? Gasp

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 09:23 AM
(08-10-2014 08:36 AM)Zippo Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 01:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  If you don't have one, your position is absurd.

I am my own ultimate authority in the same way you are your own ultimate authority.

Ok, let's do a test. Create a universe in front of you. No? Then you're not an ultimate authority.

Truth seeker.
08-10-2014, 09:32 AM
(08-10-2014 09:23 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 08:36 AM)Zippo Wrote:  I am my own ultimate authority in the same way you are your own ultimate authority.

Ok, let's do a test. Create a universe in front of you. No? Then you're not an ultimate authority.

Based on what? A better word choice may do you well as ULTIMATE can and frequently means last... as in final in a list. If there was any persons ultimate authority, it would be themselves because they must dictate their authority.

If Ultimate in some supreme/perfect type of sense, what would be any reasonable logical means to think there must be such a thing that exists?

You seem to have a problem with absurdity in nature, but open up, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that it is absurd. That negates nothing.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-10-2014, 09:32 AM
(08-10-2014 09:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 10:06 PM)natachan Wrote:  How do you know it's not the case?

Provide an honest answer or I'm done. If you can't provide a non-circular argument or one I haven't debunked I have better things to do and my ignore list can be added to.

Really? You're asking me to prove a negative? Gasp

You made an assertion that God is necessary. I told you it wasn't so. You ask me to prove it. I had already given reasons for my beliefs, so the question was how you supported the opposite. And you KNOW that's what I was asking, since I've asked it several times before. So you are dishonest and a coward.

I'm done. Be damn grateful this isn't AF and there's no anti troll rules. I won't engage anymore. I don't deal with liars and I demand honesty if I am to engage with someone. Good day sir.
08-10-2014, 09:44 AM
(08-10-2014 09:23 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 08:36 AM)Zippo Wrote:  I am my own ultimate authority in the same way you are your own ultimate authority.

1. Why are you using 'creating a universe' as a criteria?
2. Can you prove that any sentient being created the universe in the first place?
Your argument is being built on sand right now.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
08-10-2014, 09:49 AM
(08-10-2014 09:44 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 09:23 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Ok, let's do a test. Create a universe in front of you. No? Then you're not an ultimate authority.

1. Why are you using 'creating a universe' as a criteria?
2. Can you prove that any sentient being created the universe in the first place?
Your argument is being built on sand right now.

1. In order to be an ultimate authority, you must be an ultimate being.
2. No. The creator of the universe transcends sentience.

Truth seeker.
08-10-2014, 09:51 AM
(08-10-2014 09:49 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  1. In order to be an ultimate authority, you must be an ultimate being.

Irrelevant and probably not even possible.

(08-10-2014 09:49 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  2. No. The creator of the universe transcends sentience.

Meaningless statement.
08-10-2014, 10:13 AM
I create a universe every time I load up a sandbox game. Therefore, I am an ultimate authority.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
08-10-2014, 11:17 AM
(08-10-2014 09:49 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  2. No. The creator of the universe transcends sentience.

This, this post right here.

Okay... IF the thing you are talking about is 'Timeless', 'Ageless', 'Formless', 'Sentient-less'....

Then it MUST also be things like 'Empathic-less' and 'Care-less' since those are also ONLY things of this reality....

Again, why/how can you say you think believing in something WHICH DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU or can even acknowledge your existence.....is some how a good thing...?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
08-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Me thinks he doesn't see that it says "sentience" and not "science". Or maybe he doesn't know what "sentience" means.

He makes zero sense. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man