What is your ultimate authority?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.2 Average
05-10-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: What is your ultimate authority?
The interesting thing about believing in a god, is that you place all this 'power' in this 'outer force' beyond you (or so you believe)...and when things go great, you thank him/it...when things go bad, you wonder where he/it was.

The truth is, we are stronger than we can ever realize sometimes, and we give the credit to 'something else,' when it was our strength and determination that was the responsible 'party' all along. I don't know why religious people try to convince the non-religious, that believing in one's self is a bad thing. Confused

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
05-10-2014, 02:48 PM
(05-10-2014 02:22 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 02:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  Easy, there. Someone might think your a misogynist. Drinking Beverage

She's my wife. And we watch Outlander.

I know. I know. You didn't get it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2014, 02:51 PM
(05-10-2014 02:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The interesting thing about believing in a god, is that you place all this 'power' in this 'outer force' beyond you (or so you believe)...and when things go great, you thank him/it...when things go bad, you wonder where he/it was.

The truth is, we are stronger than we can ever realize sometimes, and we give the credit to 'something else,' when it was our strength and determination that was the responsible 'party' all along. I don't know why religious people try to convince the non-religious, that believing in one's self is a bad thing. Confused

You're assuming that I think God gives a shit about me. Facepalm

Truth seeker.
05-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Cthulhu gives a shit about no one.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
05-10-2014, 02:52 PM
(05-10-2014 02:51 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 02:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The interesting thing about believing in a god, is that you place all this 'power' in this 'outer force' beyond you (or so you believe)...and when things go great, you thank him/it...when things go bad, you wonder where he/it was.

no, you're assuming i should care about a god at all.
Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
05-10-2014, 02:53 PM
(05-10-2014 02:52 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 02:51 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You're assuming that I think God gives a shit about me. Facepalm

no, you're assuming i should care about a god at all.
Facepalm

...what?

Truth seeker.
05-10-2014, 02:53 PM
(05-10-2014 02:51 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

Do you try talking to god frequently?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
05-10-2014, 02:54 PM
(05-10-2014 02:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 02:52 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  no, you're assuming i should care about a god at all.
Facepalm

...what?

...what?

(05-10-2014 02:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 02:52 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  no, you're assuming i should care about a god at all.
Facepalm

...what?

If god doesn't care, why should you?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
(05-10-2014 02:53 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 02:51 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You're assuming that I think God gives a shit about me. Facepalm
Do you try talking to god frequently?

I am not worthy of a response. I'm a pathetic sinful ape.

Truth seeker.