What is your view of humanity and life?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: What is your view of humanity and life?
I think without going into a long winded response, I would describe humanity as the sum of experiences and innovation.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
23-09-2015, 06:03 AM
“Life... is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”

Douglas Adams

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Life is like a cesspool; you only get out of it what you put into it.
04-10-2015, 05:40 PM
For one thing, I am not a misanthrope. I would say misanthropy is just another way of hating someone for something that they have no control over, and that is always unreasonable. Furthermore, I don't need more negativity in my life as it stands, so I'd have to stay away from that anyway. I am not a total optimist, but I am very optimistic with regards to technological advancements. We've seen more advancement in this century than any other, and it's only going to accelerate even further, which I am very excited for.

I think religion is mostly harmful, but it can help some people in some cases. At the same time, I don't think religion is necessary for anyone. I don't believe in any gods, as I have not been convinced by any of the arguments for them, and there is no evidence that any of them exist. I dislike the Abrahamic religions, especially for the desire for thought control, and the demonization of non-believers.

With regards to life, it is very fragile. Anything can happen and you're not always prepared for it. So, don't take it too seriously. That's all I can really say about that.
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
05-10-2015, 12:51 PM
(30-08-2014 07:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  And attention begging; don't even bother with it, that's what he's been doing here since he arrived.

Are you perhaps experiencing denial? Are you afraid of the truth?

What truth?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
05-10-2015, 12:55 PM
How did this become a question of humanity? Is it the huge manatee?

I go us and them on that shit, where humanity is the scientifically literate or those willing to be, and them. Angry

(05-10-2015 12:51 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Are you perhaps experiencing denial? Are you afraid of the truth?

What truth?

Don't argue with the dildo, n00b. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2015, 04:06 PM
(05-10-2015 12:55 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How did this become a question of humanity? Is it the huge manatee?

I go us and them on that shit, where humanity is the scientifically literate or those willing to be, and them. Angry

(05-10-2015 12:51 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  What truth?

Don't argue with the dildo, n00b. Angel

aww maaaaaaan

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-10-2015, 07:24 PM
(04-10-2015 05:40 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  For one thing, I am not a misanthrope. I would say misanthropy is just another way of hating someone for something that they have no control over, and that is always unreasonable. Furthermore, I don't need more negativity in my life as it stands, so I'd have to stay away from that anyway. I am not a total optimist, but I am very optimistic with regards to technological advancements. We've seen more advancement in this century than any other, and it's only going to accelerate even further, which I am very excited for.

I think religion is mostly harmful, but it can help some people in some cases. At the same time, I don't think religion is necessary for anyone. I don't believe in any gods, as I have not been convinced by any of the arguments for them, and there is no evidence that any of them exist. I dislike the Abrahamic religions, especially for the desire for thought control, and the demonization of non-believers.

With regards to life, it is very fragile. Anything can happen and you're not always prepared for it. So, don't take it too seriously. That's all I can really say about that.
That's pretty much my take on things, but I would say that while I'm not a misanthrope, life experiences have made me not much more trusting than a misanthrope. I'm past my "best used by" date, really.

This business of not taking life too seriously is spot-on; caring too much and trying too hard have been the source of most of my suffering in life. My wife has taught me to laugh at absurdity, though I doubt I'll ever be as good at it as she is.

Flexing with circumstances rather than attempting to remake circumstance to your taste, is another key. The world is a very unfriendly place for idealists. It's a curse to see what is possible and/or just; you always end up comparing it to the actual.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
12-12-2015, 12:24 PM
What is your view of humanity and life?
I think some people are good and some are bad. I don't agree with some things people believe. We all make mistakes but no one is perfect. You can choose to learn from your mistakes or repeat them. But then again I don't totally understand the question...
13-12-2015, 06:36 AM
My view on humanity is that I don't care if it lives or dies just as long as it lives long enough for me to live a while before I die.

[Image: oscar.png]