What killed Rock-n-Roll?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: What killed Rock-n-Roll?
(06-08-2013 04:31 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  True its not a direct evolution unless we are talking about what evolves as popular music. Given the number of views call me maybe has on youtube ... yeah.

Crappy pop songs have always been popular, that never changes. From The Beetles to Donny Osmond to New Kids on the Block and Menudo to Justine Bieber and Jepson crappy pop music sells because there is a built in audience. 12-15 year olds are very susceptible to cliches and hackneyed loves songs it is a stage in development. Where there is a market a product will emerge and as long as that market remains the product will as well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 04:56 PM
(06-08-2013 04:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 04:31 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  True its not a direct evolution unless we are talking about what evolves as popular music. Given the number of views call me maybe has on youtube ... yeah.

Crappy pop songs have always been popular, that never changes. From The Beetles to Donny Osmond to New Kids on the Block and Menudo to Justine Bieber and Jepson crappy pop music sells because there is a built in audience. 12-15 year olds are very susceptible to cliches and hackneyed loves songs it is a stage in development. Where there is a market a product will emerge and as long as that market remains the product will as well.

No you didn't. Shocking

Talk shit on Menudo again.....I double dog dare you, motherfucker! Angry

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
06-08-2013, 04:57 PM
(06-08-2013 04:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Talk shit on Menudo again.....I double dog dare you, motherfucker! Angry

Menudo wasn't good... Drinking Beverage

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
06-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Hurr durr...
[Image: shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg]

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
06-08-2013, 05:01 PM
(06-08-2013 04:57 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 04:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Talk shit on Menudo again.....I double dog dare you, motherfucker! Angry

Menudo wasn't good... Drinking Beverage

The hell you say.

Okay, maybe not the first through fourth generation Menudo. And perhaps sixth through eleventh generation Menudo didn't have much going for them.

But dammit, there was that one mexican kid in the fifth generation Menudo that could really kill it live! How dare you talk shit! Weeping

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
06-08-2013, 05:02 PM
(06-08-2013 05:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 04:57 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Menudo wasn't good... Drinking Beverage

The hell you say.

Okay, maybe not the first through fourth generation Menudo. And perhaps sixth through eleventh Menudo didn't have much going for them.

But dammit, there was that one mexican kid in the fifth generation Menudo that could really kill it live! How dare you talk shit! Weeping

There, there. Hug

I think this is supposed to go in the Guilty Pleasures (Music) thread. Big Grin

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
06-08-2013, 11:00 PM
It depends on how you define Rock being dead.

Rock isn't dead in the sense that people still like to play it and hear it, but it's dead as dirt as a creative thing or a social movement. Everything has been done - you can't artistically expand the medium any more with out repeating shit over and over. The rebellion/teenage thing is important, too. Rock music was the music of the baby boomer generation, (and it was at it's best then) if you're a Generation Y person or even a late Gen X-er, the boomers are your parents, you don't like the shit your parents like, so you turn from rock and get into Hip-Hop, extreme Metal, or Industrial. Then most people grow out of that rebellion mindset in their early 20's, and the kids 10 years younger then you start it over again!!

The whole thing is basically a scam.Smartass
06-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Okay u guys I'm Turning myself in. I killed rock 'n roll with a gun in the basement. My friend Zack helped bury the body.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 11:41 PM
(06-08-2013 11:00 PM)Juv Wrote:  It depends on how you define Rock being dead.

Rock isn't dead in the sense that people still like to play it and hear it, but it's dead as dirt as a creative thing or a social movement. Everything has been done - you can't artistically expand the medium any more with out repeating shit over and over. The rebellion/teenage thing is important, too. Rock music was the music of the baby boomer generation, (and it was at it's best then) if you're a Generation Y person or even a late Gen X-er, the boomers are your parents, you don't like the shit your parents like, so you turn from rock and get into Hip-Hop, extreme Metal, or Industrial. Then most people grow out of that rebellion mindset in their early 20's, and the kids 10 years younger then you start it over again!!

Give me one example of music that doesn't adhere to the same formula you just described and then tell me that music somewhere, somehow by your definition isn't dead and a scam.

06-08-2013, 11:48 PM
(06-08-2013 11:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 11:00 PM)Juv Wrote:  It depends on how you define Rock being dead.

Give me one example of music that doesn't adhere to the same formula you just described and then tell me that music somewhere, somehow by your definition isn't dead and a scam.
I don't know, sea shanties?