What killed Rock-n-Roll?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: What killed Rock-n-Roll?
I'm surprised that (unless I've missed it) no one has yet mentioned the true answer to the question:

The Moog analog synthesizer.

Yes, it was adopted by some classic rock and roll bands as the 60's faded, and it did take a while, but I firmly believe that this was the begining of the end. And this, from a huge 70's progressive rock fan.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2013, 06:11 PM
The Manson family murders.
28-10-2013, 04:37 AM
(25-10-2013 10:08 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 04:34 AM)Juv Wrote:  The 80's was the death decade of Rock.

Out of three groups mentioned, only REM was unique. Nirvana will only be remembered because Cobain killed himself, and the Black Crowes were just a talented rip-off of late 60's-early 70's british blues based rock- no originality whatsoever.

It is a good thing, but essentially, Rock is not on the radio or TV because many people don't care about it anymore.

It's been done and few give a shit.

Well I give a shit...

SO FUCK YOU!

Are you in fucking high school?
28-10-2013, 04:39 AM
(26-10-2013 12:43 AM)Donel Wrote:  Rock n roll is still very much alive it just manifested itself into different genres. Metal and hardcore punk definitely keep the spirit of rock n roll alive.

Metal and hardcore punk amount for shit.
03-11-2013, 02:41 AM
(06-08-2013 02:17 PM)Julius Wrote:  I was looking in the news today and I see an article about a douchebag named Justin Bieber (or is it Beaver?).

[Image: justin_beaver_by_pbwik-d3ju90y.jpg]

Music is my religion
- Jimi Hendrix
03-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Music being more widespread. Piracy is so easy, people have no incentive to find the best for their money cause no money is being spent. Music streaming services show only ads of popular music (mainstream pop). Listening is easy with youtube and the like.

Noisier environments, with malls playing only pop at loud, unbearable volumes.

A redefinition of rock, with songs like

and

making people say 'oh, I listen to rock too, like (insert poppy song with words rock in title)'.

Music being more about idolizing the performers, such as referring to them by their first names or talking about their life or something.

Thats just my theory though.

Music is my religion
- Jimi Hendrix
03-11-2013, 05:29 AM
(03-11-2013 03:02 AM)guitarist Wrote:  Music being more about idolizing the performers, such as referring to them by their first names or talking about their life or something.
This has always been the case.
03-11-2013, 05:32 AM
(03-11-2013 03:02 AM)guitarist Wrote:  Music being more widespread. Piracy is so easy, people have no incentive to find the best for their money cause no money is being spent. Music streaming services show only ads of popular music (mainstream pop). Listening is easy with youtube and the like.
Mainstream pop has always been part of the public's musical appetite the most, though.