What kind of Atheist are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2012, 02:17 PM
RE: What kind of Atheist are you?
I'm the kind of Atheist who doesn't believe a supernatural claim until sufficient evidence can be brought forth to support that claim. The evidence needs to be peer reviewed and tested, re-tested and examined as much as possible. To my knowledge, no supernatural claims have ever been found to contain sufficient evidence for anyone to believe them.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
19-01-2012, 03:34 PM
(19-01-2012 02:17 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm the kind of Atheist who doesn't believe a supernatural claim until sufficient evidence can be brought forth to support that claim. The evidence needs to be peer reviewed and tested, re-tested and examined as much as possible. To my knowledge, no supernatural claims have ever been found to contain sufficient evidence for anyone to believe them.

Yeah, what he said.Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2012, 09:43 PM
A1 with a side of sarcasm and indignation
I engage theist regularly in debate in the academic setting. I notice my colleagues “watching” their religious tone when they know someone is religious. I find this “side stepping” silly. We are conditioned “not to offend”, but in the case of speaking against religious beliefs I do not deliberately attack for the sake of offense, but I never back down. Far too long have the nonreligious “kept their opinions to themselves” so not to be targeted or be called offensive. We have to be bold and speak up for ourselves, not to attack religion for sport, but to support truth.
I have had the comment, “What you’re saying is offensive”. I reply with “What you believe is offensive. I’ll stop saying what I’m saying if you agree to stop believing what you believe”.
No takers so far.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
22-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I am 1 A.
22-01-2012, 03:47 PM
(19-01-2012 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 02:17 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm the kind of Atheist who doesn't believe a supernatural claim until sufficient evidence can be brought forth to support that claim. The evidence needs to be peer reviewed and tested, re-tested and examined as much as possible. To my knowledge, no supernatural claims have ever been found to contain sufficient evidence for anyone to believe them.

Yeah, what he said.Cool

Kinda atheist is that, allowing for the super in the natural? That's weak... Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2012, 05:15 PM
B1

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.