What kind of atheist converts to a theist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: What kind of atheist converts to a theist?
Who the fuck is mining these goddamn necro threads?

You new guys need to check the date of the LAST POST OF A THREAD!

If you find something you want to discuss, reference a quote and make a new thread.

Some people subscribe to these threads and when you pull the threads from the grave... you pull the zombies with them.

YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH ZOMBIES? Angry DO YOU?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-05-2014, 06:36 PM
(10-05-2014 06:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Who the fuck is mining these goddamn necro threads?

If you find something you want to discuss, reference a quote and make a new thread.

Some people subscribe to these threads and when you pull the threads from the grave... you pull the zombies with them.

As many zombie movies as there are many would say yes.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
(10-05-2014 06:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Who the fuck is mining these goddamn necro threads?

This one is from like a month ago so not really necroing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-05-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 07:00 PM by kim.)
(10-05-2014 06:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This one is from like a month ago so not really necroing.

03-10-2013, 12:36 AM was the last post

until... Tsouth5 posted on 07-05-2014, 04:44 AM.

Ok, October 3 of 2013 was only 5 months ago.

Not my problem that it woke up Theophilus. I'm not into the zombie kink. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-05-2014, 06:57 PM
(10-05-2014 01:45 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  ... agnosticism require(s) no justification ...

Actually it does. Monotheists are atheists for all gods but one. Agnostics usually plead ignorance about the monotheist's god, but stand with the monotheist in disbelief of other gods.

The problem is the quantity of monotheists who do not concur on which god is THE god. Each monotheist insists HIS god is, but without concurrence the number of different gods believed in winds up equal to the number of monotheists.

The agnostic, being atheistic about all gods but THE god, must specify WHICH monotheist's god is the one he's not sure about. But I've never heard an agnostic make the distinction. An agnostic vague about WHICH monotheist's god is the one he's vague about actually winds up being atheistic about ALL monotheistics' gods.

Hence the agnosticism has no rational justification.
10-05-2014, 07:05 PM
(10-05-2014 06:55 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 06:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This one is from like a month ago so not really necroing.

03-10-2013, 12:36 AM was the last post

until... Tsouth5 posted on 07-05-2014, 04:44 AM.

Ok, October 3 of 2013 was only 5 months ago.

Not my problem that it woke up Theophilus. I'm not into the zombie kink. Drinking Beverage

Oops misread a date sorry.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-05-2014, 07:29 PM

[Image: 185280.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2014, 09:09 AM
(30-09-2013 06:06 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I think if an atheist finds a reason to become a theist, it's doable. The Witnesses have their tactics and they are pretty good at "changing the mind" of who enters their flock. I've seen it happen.

Self preservation would be my main guess. Preservation could extend to other people within their influence bubble.

It really is sad how effective the cult is in stripping people of their dignity and reason.
13-05-2014, 09:14 AM
(30-09-2013 10:21 AM)Sam Wrote:  I suppose really, you're not an atheist until you've actually sat down and thought about it seriously. Until then you're either an apatheist or agnostic, and could be persuaded either way.

Children are fed a distorted version of reality. Growing up with the Jehovah's Witnesses I was led to believe that it was the ONLY religion, and that there was no alternative explanation, religious or otherwise.

This is implanted in the mind, to the point where you cannot even conceive of atheism... For years I just couldn't understand how anyone could not believe in God, since it seemed so obvious that he existed. Now I realize that it was because I'd never seen any alternative to theism, no science or logic.

Since becoming an atheist, it's easy to forget just how real religion is to a believer. I often make the mistake of assuming that devoutly religious people are stupid or afraid to face facts... in most cases they simply haven't had the opportunity to question any of it.

To question a belief, you need information... science, history and philosophy. If you've never had access to such material, you cannot hope to truly question anything. That's how religions keep people in...

So glad you broke free.
21-08-2014, 04:10 AM
Sorry for the necro but diddo97 is a perfect example of someone who was not an atheist, becoming convinced of theism and then lying by claiming to have been a 'fundamentalist atheist' beforehand.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid630669
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post