What kind of exotic pet would you want?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 06:59 PM
What kind of exotic pet would you want?
What kind of wild animal would you have wanted as your pet? Only three rules: The animal must exist, it cannot be extinct, and of course, it must be wild and not an inherently domesticated animal like cats or dogs.

My current favorites are foxes:

And for some reason, crows:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: What kind of exotic pet would you want?
I already have two parrots and three crazy dogs. But I would be open to just about anything as long as it wasn't a snake.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
11-07-2013, 07:06 PM
(11-07-2013 07:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I already have two parrots and three crazy dogs. But I would be open to just about anything as long as it wasn't a snake.

I didn't know you had parrots. What kind?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm reading this thread after the "doomsday thread" so my choices are a falcon-to hunt, a horse for transportation and industry, and some sort of canine-dog, wolf, coyote- for personal security and can be man's best friend.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-07-2013, 07:11 PM
I have a Quaker and an African Gray. We have had them around 15 years now...I have to find someone to will the Gray to. Tongue

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
11-07-2013, 07:20 PM
(11-07-2013 07:09 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm reading this thread after the "doomsday thread" so my choices are a falcon-to hunt, a horse for transportation and industry, and some sort of canine-dog, wolf, coyote- for personal security and can be man's best friend.

A horse is a rich man's pet; a donkey or an ox is a better animal for roughing it with.

... this is my signature!
11-07-2013, 07:30 PM
(11-07-2013 07:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 07:09 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm reading this thread after the "doomsday thread" so my choices are a falcon-to hunt, a horse for transportation and industry, and some sort of canine-dog, wolf, coyote- for personal security and can be man's best friend.

A horse is a rich man's pet; a donkey or an ox is a better animal for roughing it with.

although, now that I read the OP again, he said 'wild' and horses/donkey/ox are for the most part considered domesticated....so maybe I would substitute an elephant.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-07-2013, 07:46 PM
(11-07-2013 07:30 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 07:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  A horse is a rich man's pet; a donkey or an ox is a better animal for roughing it with.

Although, now that I read the OP again, he said 'wild' and horses/donkey/ox are for the most part considered domesticated....so maybe I would substitute an elephant.

Fair point; there are still extant wild populations of most equines and bovines ('course, ask me again in 40 years and that'll have changed Sad), but given how thoroughly domesticated their siblings are... Though - a donkey is still a better post-apocalyptic companion than a horse!

Hmm...

I'd go for a raven, myself. They're badass. And amazingly smart!

... this is my signature!
11-07-2013, 07:48 PM
It's cool as hell that some people that are behind our subdivision have a camel and a zebra...I see them when I go to classes.

That would be pretty cool.

11-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Aaarggh matey, thar be dragons here.
[Image: DSC_0274.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.