RE: What kind of mushroom is this?
[Image: know_your_mushrooms_by_pinknyu.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-01-2016, 01:32 AM
(29-01-2016 06:39 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Another question, the neighbor's cats are often outside, should we get rid of these then?

Nothing good can come from eating your neighbor's cats.
[+] 5 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
30-01-2016, 01:44 AM
(30-01-2016 01:32 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 06:39 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Another question, the neighbor's cats are often outside, should we get rid of these then?

Nothing good can come from eating your neighbor's cats.

I know someone who would disagree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALF_(TV_series)

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: alf-cat-sandwich.jpg]

[Image: Alf-Eats-Cats-Just-for-Shits-and-Giggles-FB.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-01-2016, 01:51 AM
(29-01-2016 07:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I just need to say that there is a great big mushroom that grows outside of my place that looks VERY much like an erect penis. When visitors spot it, I just reply, "We're all very happy to see you."

[Image: penis-mushroom.jpg]

[Image: Mushroom.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 7 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
30-01-2016, 01:54 AM
(29-01-2016 10:47 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: know_your_mushrooms_by_pinknyu.png]

[Image: 3286669.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
30-01-2016, 05:28 AM
(29-01-2016 06:31 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's growing in our front yard. Anyone know?

[Image: p8uvXqc.jpg]

Is it safe to eat? Big Grin

That looks like Agaricus placomyces. There is a good chance it could make you ill, though it may not. It won't kill you, but it would still fall under the 'bad idea' column for eating. Cats on the other hand are tasty, but make sure you cook them at 400 degrees fahrenheit at 27-30 minutes per pound, or until thoroughly cooked. I recommend brushing olive oil generously and seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
30-01-2016, 05:48 AM
(30-01-2016 05:28 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 06:31 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's growing in our front yard. Anyone know?

[Image: p8uvXqc.jpg]

Is it safe to eat? Big Grin

That looks like Agaricus placomyces. There is a good chance it could make you ill, though it may not. It won't kill you, but it would still fall under the 'bad idea' column for eating. Cats on the other hand are tasty, but make sure you cook them at 400 degrees fahrenheit at 27-30 minutes per pound, or until thoroughly cooked. I recommend brushing olive oil generously and seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.

Fun Fact: My hometown mall had a Panda Express restaurant right next to a pet shop.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-01-2016, 09:12 AM
(30-01-2016 05:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 05:28 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  That looks like Agaricus placomyces. There is a good chance it could make you ill, though it may not. It won't kill you, but it would still fall under the 'bad idea' column for eating. Cats on the other hand are tasty, but make sure you cook them at 400 degrees fahrenheit at 27-30 minutes per pound, or until thoroughly cooked. I recommend brushing olive oil generously and seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.

Fun Fact: My hometown mall had a Panda Express restaurant right next to a pet shop.

I have a story but this is not the thread for it. Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
30-01-2016, 09:22 AM
(30-01-2016 09:12 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 05:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fun Fact: My hometown mall had a Panda Express restaurant right next to a pet shop.

I have a story but this is not the thread for it. Big Grin

I have a story for this too.

My ex-inlaws had a Chinese restaurant next to a K-Mart. My ex's mom bought kitty litter for our cats at home, but instead of putting it in her car, she wheeled the shopping cart right through the dinning room in front of all the customers. Facepalm

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
30-01-2016, 10:03 AM
(30-01-2016 09:22 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 09:12 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have a story but this is not the thread for it. Big Grin

I have a story for this too.

My ex-inlaws had a Chinese restaurant next to a K-Mart. My ex's mom bought kitty litter for our cats at home, but instead of putting it in her car, she wheeled the shopping cart right through the dinning room in front of all the customers. Facepalm

Okay, since you insist.... Tongue

When I live in Kansas City many years ago we lived about 2 miles from a Chinese/Korean Restaurant called Lai Lai's. I loved it, it had the best cashew chicken ever. We went there for several years and one day I mentioned to my husband, at the time, "This chicken is different. I wonder if they're using MSG or something because the texture is different... finer and a bit slick tasting."

I continued to eat it, no big deal. This went on for about 6 months, we went every week and most weeks it's what I ordered. It was good but definitely different. Then one evening my hubby says to me, "Come watch the news, there's a story coming up about Lai Lai's." So I went in to watch.

The restaurant was closed and under investigation for stealing and cooking neighborhood cats. Seems two things set it in motion. There had been a rash of reports that neighborhood cats were going missing and a trash truck went to empty the trash behind the building and a bag fell out tearing it open, cat carcasses fell out on the ground. Sad

They were charged and found guilty of a variety of offenses. The place became an insurance office about 2 years later.

Now, it didn't squick me out about the cat meat I'm sure I ate but I was upset that it was someone's pet. I have no issue with eating any animal (I've eaten more than 50 kinds of meat) as long as it's not a stolen pet that someone loves. Eating pets is not cool. No

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post