What kind of tree would you guess this is?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Tapatalk you say?? Consider

*literally 5 minutes later*

Just downloaded it Big Grin It looks awesome!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
11-08-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: What kind of tree would you guess this is?
(09-08-2012 06:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I feel as if it's some sort of fruity tree because it's next to an apple tree of about the same height, but there isn't any fruit on it as of yet.

BTW: Using the Tapatalk app allows you to upload pics from your phone. How cool is that?

Found this site, http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/briti...index.html

closet to my untraind eyes is hawthorn - http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/briti...index.html

or oak - http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/briti...index.html

Pretty cool site, its gone in my bookmarks.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
11-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I was raised in the Evergreen State so my teachers showed me to discern between Douglas Fir, Cedar, Pine and Spruce. Oh...and palm trees from 20 years in California. Oak?...not so much. I'm wondering how that interloping Oregon Oak was allowed to cross state lines?

I'm also wondering why the previous homeowner would bother to apparently plant a plum, apple, and oak tree around the same time.Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-08-2012, 11:07 AM
(11-08-2012 02:07 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Found this site, http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/briti...index.html

closet to my untraind eyes is hawthorn - http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/briti...index.html

or oak - http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/briti...index.html

Pretty cool site, its gone in my bookmarks.

Indeed...that's an excellent site. Lots to explore!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
(11-08-2012 11:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm wondering how that interloping Oregon Oak was allowed to cross state lines?

I'm also wondering why the previous homeowner would bother to apparently plant a plum, apple, and oak tree around the same time. Consider

My all purpose answer: Dinosaurs Birds.

Birds transplant lots of stuff. And squirrels too - but I don't appreciate them as much as birds. In fact, all previous homeowners are just like squirrels; neither have any idea what the hell they are doing, and have no clue that they might screw up your life.

So, you have a plum and an apple tree... sounds like someone was up for making some nice wines... hmm. Do they fruit yet? That oak tree looks pretty young - under six years is my guess, by the look of it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-08-2012, 04:44 PM
(11-08-2012 03:24 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 11:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm wondering how that interloping Oregon Oak was allowed to cross state lines?

I'm also wondering why the previous homeowner would bother to apparently plant a plum, apple, and oak tree around the same time. Consider

My all purpose answer: Dinosaurs Birds.

Birds transplant lots of stuff. And squirrels too - but I don't appreciate them as much as birds. In fact, all previous homeowners are just like squirrels; neither have any idea what the hell they are doing, and have no clue that they might screw up your life.

So, you have a plum and an apple tree... sounds like someone was up for making some nice wines... hmm. Do they fruit yet? That oak tree looks pretty young - under six years is my guess, by the look of it.

This tree was planted, so I don't think any dinobirds were involved.

What I called plums may actually be prunes...not too sure. I'll go take pictures.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-08-2012, 04:50 PM

I'm probably displaying my utter arborist ignorance by calling them prunes, but when I was growing up, a neighbor had the same kind of tree that hung over our fence. I would build forts and launch the prune plums with badminton racquets. Ah...good old summertime memories!

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
The pic of the apples gives you all a nice view of my pile of branches in the background that I pruned (no pun intended) in February and are still piled up in the side yard. Was planning to use them for camping firewood, but I don't see any camping trips in my near future. Confused

~Izel
11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
(11-08-2012 04:50 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm probably displaying my utter arborist ignorance by calling them prunes, but when I was growing up, a neighbor had the same kind of tree that hung over our fence. I would build forts and launch the prune plums with badminton racquets. Ah...good old summertime memories!

Prunes are dried plums.

That looks like some kind of plum tree.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
(11-08-2012 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 04:50 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm probably displaying my utter arborist ignorance by calling them prunes, but when I was growing up, a neighbor had the same kind of tree that hung over our fence. I would build forts and launch the prune plums with badminton racquets. Ah...good old summertime memories!

Prunes are dried plums.

That looks like some kind of plum tree.

That is what my common sense was telling me, but I don't often listen to my common sense.

~Izel