What language did Adam and Eve speak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 11:56 AM
What language did Adam and Eve speak
So I'm with my wife at mass, thumbing through the missal, when I come across the fairytale about the Tower of Babel. God comes down to earth (don't know why he couldn't have done it from where he was) to confuse the peoples language so that they can no longer construct the tower, and then they become scattered throughout the earth.

It made me wonder, what language did Adam, Eve, the snake and God all speak when they were in the Garden of Eden? Because apparently they were able to communicate with each other. How would a Bible literalist explain this? Yes, this is the crap that goes through my head while I'm sitting through a boring liturgy. Don't ask me why I go. I guess I just love my wife that much!

My favorite part of the service is during the old and new testament readings, where grown men and women, in the most DRAMATIC fashion, read short snippets of senseless fairytales. I'm sure they have no clue as to what they are reading but they sure make it sound important! Catholics are all about reading from the Bible and then letting the priest explain to them what they just read.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 12:05 PM
RE: What language did Adam and Eve speak
(29-06-2015 11:56 AM)mgoering Wrote:  It made me wonder, what language did Adam, Eve, the snake and God all speak when they were in the Garden of Eden? Because apparently they were able to communicate with each other.
They spoke in 'tongues' surely? If you translate "Adam sweetheart, come here and eat some of this shit and let's get down and dirty" it comes out as "mm berappa ne deere a flippa la blappa me dugga de lobba slabberamakker shlong".

Easy, next question.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like TubbyTubby's post
29-06-2015, 12:09 PM
You'd be surprised how many of the "devout" believe it was English -because "the bible is written in English"- and a fair number believe it was with a Southern accent......

dumbasses....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Parsel tongue with the snake and English with each other cause Murica!
29-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Pick any language you want, they weren't real.
What language did the three bears speak to Goldilocks?
29-06-2015, 05:27 PM
(29-06-2015 11:56 AM)mgoering Wrote:  So I'm with my wife at mass, thumbing through the missal, when I come across the fairytale about the Tower of Babel. God comes down to earth (don't know why he couldn't have done it from where he was) to confuse the peoples language so that they can no longer construct the tower, and then they become scattered throughout the earth.

It made me wonder, what language did Adam, Eve, the snake and God all speak when they were in the Garden of Eden? Because apparently they were able to communicate with each other. How would a Bible literalist explain this? Yes, this is the crap that goes through my head while I'm sitting through a boring liturgy. Don't ask me why I go. I guess I just love my wife that much!

My favorite part of the service is during the old and new testament readings, where grown men and women, in the most DRAMATIC fashion, read short snippets of senseless fairytales. I'm sure they have no clue as to what they are reading but they sure make it sound important! Catholics are all about reading from the Bible and then letting the priest explain to them what they just read.

They spoke unicornish, the original language of unicorns, fairies and other made up fabricated beings. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
29-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Edenese

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-06-2015, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 05:50 PM by Thinkerbelle.)
Apple OS1. Beta version.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
29-06-2015, 05:48 PM
(29-06-2015 05:27 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 11:56 AM)mgoering Wrote:  So I'm with my wife at mass, thumbing through the missal, when I come across the fairytale about the Tower of Babel. God comes down to earth (don't know why he couldn't have done it from where he was) to confuse the peoples language so that they can no longer construct the tower, and then they become scattered throughout the earth.

They spoke unicornish, the original language of unicorns, fairies and other made up fabricated beings. Thumbsup

I thought they talked Shit. I guess Ken Hamm would have been able to understand them.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
29-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Parseltongue is the language of serpents. The obvious answer. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post