What made you an Atheist and not an Agnostic?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: What made you an Atheist and not an Agnostic?
(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  The question is simple, why atheism and not agnostic in the first place?

What do you know that scientists have studied for decades and still dont know yet YOU know?

Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing but how does something come from nothing?

Creating a child needs a man and a woman and the sperm creates the child so something came to be so that child was born, obviously nothing can come from ''nothing'', sounds good on paper but in reality makes no logical sense.

Is the possibility of a talking snake impossible? Who knows, i dont know so i wont pretend that i do.

I sense many a stawman here.

Atheism is lack of belief in gods. That's it, by definition. No things coming from nothing or anything like that, merely we do not believe in deities.
Far as I am concerned, your average agnostic is essentially an atheist anyway, considering they rarely seem to have any positive belief in gods.

Oh, about talking snakes.. A talking snake is impossible. Their larynx is simply not formed in a way which would facilitate speech, at least in a manner recognisable by humans.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 12:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  The question is simple, why atheism and not agnostic in the first place?

What do you know that scientists have studied for decades and still dont know yet YOU know?

Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing but how does something come from nothing?

Creating a child needs a man and a woman and the sperm creates the child so something came to be so that child was born, obviously nothing can come from ''nothing'', sounds good on paper but in reality makes no logical sense.

Is the possibility of a talking snake impossible? Who knows, i dont know so i wont pretend that i do.

The dismissal of preposterous notions such as the 70th son of the Babylonian war god (El Elyon) whose name was Yahweh Sabaoth is a real deity, and tea pots orbiting the sun, do not require a formal intellectual position. However we here at TTA *do* like to provide a public service. Please call my assistant and schedule an appointment for proof that your preposterous "unknown" can/cn't be dismissed, and that you do not need to state you are "agnostic" towards the ridiculous idea.
I am busy this week proving there is no 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
(12-01-2014 07:53 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 07:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  FFS...lather, rinse, repeat.

Sometimes you have to leave it in for a few minutes. Deep conditioning treatments and all that.

That's what she said. Hee hee! Laughat

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Well, that went from "my first post on the forum" to "why don't you just kill yourself" awfully quickly.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
12-01-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm quite new to this forum - still a newby.
Guess I need to be alert for the drive by assaults. They are a waste of time when trying to give an in depth point by point refutation.

In any case - I'm armed with reason. Defeats all assaults from gods, ghosts, spirits and demons or even "THE GOD" (& talking snakes too)

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
You all do realize this idiot troll came in here, posted one stupid thing, hasn't responded once to your remarks and yet it's now on its third page and growing. This argument is ubiquitous on this forum, why do we keep answering it, especially for obvious trolls? Maybe we should just have links to standard repetitive answers we can refer to and then have the new threads answered with one of the links and then locked by admins. Smile

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2014, 10:53 AM
(12-01-2014 10:50 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  This argument is ubiquitous on this forum, why do we keep answering it, especially for obvious trolls?

Boredom? Consider
Undecided

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
12-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Hey monster, where you located? I used to breed not too long ago myself. Now mostly a rat breeder (feeder rats).

[Image: IMG_2179.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
12-01-2014, 12:10 PM
(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing but how does something come from nothing?
The truth of the matter is:

Atheists disbelieve in magical invisible "godly" beings primarily because there is no evidence to support such stories.

Theists believe in magical invisible "godly" beings despite the entire lack of evidence to support such stories.

Noone knows how existence came to be, most atheists admit they don't know, most (if no all) theists claim that their magical invisible "godly" being did it.
12-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Air needs to publish a paper in a peer reviewed journal:

[Image: snake.gif]

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]