What made you an Atheist and not an Agnostic?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 04:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: What made you an Atheist and not an Agnostic?
(12-01-2014 10:50 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  You all do realize this idiot troll came in here, posted one stupid thing, hasn't responded once to your remarks and yet it's now on its third page and growing. This argument is ubiquitous on this forum, why do we keep answering it, especially for obvious trolls? Maybe we should just have links to standard repetitive answers we can refer to and then have the new threads answered with one of the links and then locked by admins. Smile

One reason that might be advanced is that most people stopping by TTA are guests, and not members. Many of them may never have heard an issue discussed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-02-2014, 12:05 AM
(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  The question is simple, why atheism and not agnostic in the first place?

What do you know that scientists have studied for decades and still dont know yet YOU know?

Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing but how does something come from nothing?

Creating a child needs a man and a woman and the sperm creates the child so something came to be so that child was born, obviously nothing can come from ''nothing'', sounds good on paper but in reality makes no logical sense.

Is the possibility of a talking snake impossible? Who knows, i dont know so i wont pretend that i do.

I've got a question. I never get an answer but I'll ask anyway. Where did god get the materials to create the universe. Did he have a giant warehouse full of elements just waiting to be used for a grand project? Or did he somehow create them from nothing?
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
01-02-2014, 12:15 AM
(01-02-2014 12:05 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  The question is simple, why atheism and not agnostic in the first place?

What do you know that scientists have studied for decades and still dont know yet YOU know?

Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing but how does something come from nothing?

Creating a child needs a man and a woman and the sperm creates the child so something came to be so that child was born, obviously nothing can come from ''nothing'', sounds good on paper but in reality makes no logical sense.

Is the possibility of a talking snake impossible? Who knows, i dont know so i wont pretend that i do.

I've got a question. I never get an answer but I'll ask anyway. Where did god get the materials to create the universe. Did he have a giant warehouse full of elements just waiting to be used for a grand project? Or did he somehow create them from nothing?

Craigslist.

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like WillHopp's post
01-02-2014, 12:34 AM
(01-02-2014 12:15 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 12:05 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I've got a question. I never get an answer but I'll ask anyway. Where did god get the materials to create the universe. Did he have a giant warehouse full of elements just waiting to be used for a grand project? Or did he somehow create them from nothing?

Craigslist.

This made tea come out my nose.

+1 rep.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-02-2014, 12:45 AM
(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing but how does something come from nothing?

Atheism is the disbelief in deities. What does "something come from nothing" have to do with that? If you are not an atheist or an agnostic yourself, then why do you even care what a group of random people on an internet forum think? Do you just go around to forums and chatrooms of this type and demand simple answers to complicated questions?

Besides all that, why are you assuming every single user on this forum is an atheist and not an agnostic? There are varying degrees of both, and it makes sense that people at all levels would seek out like-minded individuals to discuss it with.

(12-01-2014 03:30 AM)Air Wrote:  Creating a child needs a man and a woman and the sperm creates the child so something came to be so that child was born, obviously nothing can come from ''nothing'', sounds good on paper but in reality makes no logical sense.

How does it make no logical sense compared to religious beliefs? When in doubt, apply occam's razor. Matter and energy exist. This is all we know for sure.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
01-02-2014, 12:59 AM
(01-02-2014 12:15 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 12:05 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I've got a question. I never get an answer but I'll ask anyway. Where did god get the materials to create the universe. Did he have a giant warehouse full of elements just waiting to be used for a grand project? Or did he somehow create them from nothing?

Craigslist.

Ya, can you please set this up and then provide the link?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
01-02-2014, 12:59 AM
I was told that as soon as I went from agnostic to atheist, my response to statements like "Santa Claus's polar home could be hidden by a cloaking device given to him by the Klingons" would go from "well Consider anything's possible" to "stFu".
Dodgy

01-02-2014, 01:34 AM
Why I'm not an agnostic.
If I were raised in a world where the whole population would believe in the same God, from the very beginning, without schisms of any kind, I would probably be a theist. But as a child raised in a family of agnostics/don'tgiveashit, I was never primed (although I was baptised to avoid issues of any kind) and therefore when I saw people believing in all sorts of things, religions, gods, from the Sun to Xenu, via Jesus and Brahma, Thor and Zeus, i had no doubts that it was all just man made, like ghosts and spirits, fairies and monsters. I was an avid reader and I was quite frankly more impressed by authors like Jules Verne than the gospel writers, and the bible seemed to me just a bad work of fiction, mostly boring. In time I learned that despite the good book and all the preaching, people kept doing all kind of reprehensible things, and no god showed his face to set people straight like he was supposedly used to. So I begun to understand what mass delusion is, and why most people can't get out of it. As a debunker I see how difficult it is to change the minds of people who believe in the craziest things made up yesterday, so I'm not surprised at all that people can't give up beliefs old as mankind, even more so because the stakes are much higher, like meaning of existence and death.
So, I know for a fact that there is no God, because I know how and why God was created, and that's it.

The real gospel: Jesus went rogue and preached love instead of genocide. God got angry and went old testament style on Jesus's ass, setting him up to be tortured and killed. The End.
01-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Since everyone else is troll feeding.

IMHO, you should not be an atheist until you have read at least 10% of the bible, because then you have knowledge that the agnostic doesn't. You will have then read enough to see that YAHWEH is a man made turd with Jesus polish (and a crappy job at that).

As Knowledge of the universe gets better the Gnostic Atheists are looking less insane.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
01-02-2014, 06:33 AM
(01-02-2014 02:15 AM)sporehux Wrote:  As Knowledge of the universe gets better the Gnostic Atheists are looking less insane.

Some of 'em, anyway. "God doesn't exist because god told me so" is never gonna be quite sane. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user