What made you certain that the Bible is a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2012, 11:25 PM
RE: What made you certain that the Bible is a lie?
Most people have certain interests that they gravitate towards and strangely we all come to the "probably no gods" conclusion through different fields. For instance, someone who is drawn towards space and the mind-expanding study of astrophysics may find that in this vast universe, we see no existence of gods. Kids with chemistry sets may grow up to become biologists and discover that we don't need a deity to explain all our inner workings. The young philosophers only have to ask "why?" enough times and they will have poked holes in every tenet of religion. God is equally absent in all fields of life.

Personally, I'm a people watcher. I'm a quiet guy and like to observe human behaviors - why we do what we do and say what we say. And when I was a kid I noticed something about Christians. They weren't interested in the truth. When I had questions about this religion I was being forced into accepting, the people who were supposed to have the answers, never did. The priests and the parents and grandparents all dismissed any questions and answered them with vague feel-good statements designed to shut you up.

Why do so many people die and suffer every day if God is good?

"Well... God works in mysterious ways."

If God created us, who created God?

"The shepherd tends his flock with grace and love, my child."

What?

You start to realize that no one knows the answers because no one bothered to ask. They just obeyed, did as they were told, and are now stuck with this silly childish belief system as an adult because they're too embarrassed to turn back now.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: What made you certain that the Bible is a lie? - Buddy Christ - 26-12-2012 11:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Music Bible Belted from Day 1 JebusFreak 12 312 13-02-2014 09:30 PM
Last Post: Noelani
  Hello everyone, from the bible belt. Rinying 3 219 15-04-2013 08:47 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Hello from the Bible belt! FrostyMan 11 505 06-04-2013 10:02 AM
Last Post: FrostyMan
  Atheist from Bible Belt Kentucky brandonsimpson 4 259 03-04-2013 02:25 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Bible Belt Heathen DannyW 20 1,158 15-06-2012 01:25 PM
Last Post: DannyW
  Bible Belt smothered athiest. AphexandCambria 4 460 08-04-2012 03:04 AM
Last Post: morondog
  New Bible-Believing Christian Forum Member BarleyMcFlexo 20 2,786 31-08-2010 03:27 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving