What made you certain that the Bible is a lie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2013, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 01:42 AM by Phaedrus.)
RE: What made you certain that the Bible is a lie?
Forget true; try moral.

A long and wicked life
followed by five minutes of perfect grace gets you into Heaven. An equally
long life of decent living and good works followed by one outburst of taking
the name of the Lord in vain—then have a heart attack at that moment and
be damned for eternity. Is that the system?"
- Robert Heinlein

The concept of vicarious redemption -- the idea that someone else can magically take away your responsibility for any and all misdeeds you have committed -- is inherently wicked. It offers forgiveness where it has no right to, and damnation where it cannot possibly judge.

And don't forget Original Sin, which is an evil and wicked doctrine on two counts: first in that it lumps together both sexuality and curiosity as two of mankind's greatest evils when these things are in fact core parts of what make us human, of what make life worth living for. And second in the wicked and unjustifiable notion of the inheritability of sin, the idea that the misdeeds of your ancestors somehow carry on through to you. You would not end the life of a child for the crimes of her father, even if her father were Jeffrey Dahmer, would you? Jesus would. He'll send you to hell to be tormented eternally, even if you live a perfectly good life, because of the "sin" of (the fictional) Adam and Eve. Unless you "accept" his "sacrifice", a veiled threat, forcing you to subscribe to the word of a 1600 year old book of primitive desert fairy tales essentially at gunpoint.

You are not worthy. Look at all I've sacrificed for you. Why won't you accept my sacrifice? Accept what I've done for you, and worship me and never go against my will... Or you will be tortured and beaten and burned and gouged and tormented and bathed in fire and brimstone and pain for ever and ever and ever... But I love you. I don't want to torture you. But I'll have no choice, if you don't worship me.

Is that the message of someone who truly has your best interests are heart?

No.

The Christian bible is morally indefensible on almost every level. The philosophy it promotes, in both the old and new testaments, is abhorrent and disgusting. Christianity tells you you're sick, then sells you the cure. It is a con job, an evil and morally reprehensible attempt to corral the human soul and milk it.

The bible is Wrong.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Phaedrus's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: What made you certain that the Bible is a lie? - Phaedrus - 04-01-2013 01:35 AM