What made you proud when you were a child?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2017, 06:30 AM
RE: What made you proud when you were a child?
That I passed high school with absolutely no effort on my part.
I love being smart. Sure, getting the best grades could have been attainable with a little bit of study, but fuck that shit.
I'll dick around and take B average (we have a different system here but I got equivalent of B average) any day.
Topped my year for social studies somehow. I don't know how people failed that subject, that was literally the easiest shit I've ever done. Literally zero fucking study in that subject and aced everything. Every project, every test and even the end of year exams. Media studies, topped my year for that shit too. Of course it helped I was far more creative than anyone else so when our major 80% of our grade assignment was to make a music video I found that shit easy as fuck. Stop-motion lego. Bam. Instant A+.

I make myself so proud sometimes.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
23-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Being tested at aged 8 and parents being told I had a reading age of 21
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
23-04-2017, 09:34 AM
(23-04-2017 03:15 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I recall coming top of my class in spelling tests repeatedly during 5th grade, 11 years of age.

PS: Hema???

Historical European Martial Arts.

Here is a video of 3 "amateurs" longsword sparring, just to give you a rough idea.

Teaching this is what I do for a living now.Smile

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-04-2017, 09:51 AM
I used to collect micro machine spaceships and spend hours setting up and fighting different battles, using household items as cover and such for the ships in place of asteroids. It was a lot of fun and a good way to escape stress.

Sometimes I still do it, as the photos in the spoiler tag below demonstrate.

[Image: mZxtJbO.jpg]

[Image: hpXmOXZ.jpg]

[Image: xbKjLhA.jpg]

[Image: lnPFqNr.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
23-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Having some adult perspective, I would say...

I am proud that I stood up for the 'little guy'. I had a lot of self-confidence when I was a kid (not so much as a young adult), and wouldn't tolerate bullying behavior by others to others. I was also part of a peer leader group.

My favorite meeting was when I had to talk about safe sex and had to pull a condom over a banana in front of a group of peers. I can't believe I did that. lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
23-04-2017, 06:22 PM
(23-04-2017 08:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Being tested at aged 8 and parents being told I had a reading age of 21

I don't know if that says a lot about you or a lot about the reading skills of 21 year olds. Tongue No offense intended.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
24-04-2017, 02:25 AM
(23-04-2017 06:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 08:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Being tested at aged 8 and parents being told I had a reading age of 21

I don't know if that says a lot about you or a lot about the reading skills of 21 year olds. Tongue No offense intended.

Lol, None taken mate Big Grin
25-04-2017, 06:19 AM
My greatest childhood accomplishment was learning how to get my older sister back for years of torture. Granted, I didn't succeed until I was a teen, but it sure was gratifying to wipe that smug look off her face and put her in her place.
[+] 1 user Likes Judi Lynn's post
25-04-2017, 07:17 AM
(23-04-2017 09:52 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am proud that I stood up for the 'little guy'. I had a lot of self-confidence when I was a kid (not so much as a young adult), and wouldn't tolerate bullying behavior by others to others.

Oh, that reminds me. Once the neighbor's girl told me that the big boys (couple years older) bullied her and took her lunch every day (we had to bring our own lunches). So the next day at recess in the school yard, I went up to that group. I picked the biggest guy (I was strong and tall myself) and whispered in his ear: "If you don't stop bugging her, I will beat you up right here in front of everyone!" It worked. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Possibly a strange choice, but I was hugely proud of my "Family Name".

As a kid, my parents divorced, but I maintained a relationship with my father. My mum changed her surname back to her maiden name, so I was stuck with the family name. I was taught way before this, that you represent your family, and that your actions reflect on the entire family, this the name means something to us all.

It's a bit of a long story, but the entire family, of which I carry the name of, are hugely spread out. This is due to various people divorcing/re-marrying. I live in England, and always have, whilst my grandfather lives in northern Ireland, and I have relatives in the US and other places. As a youngster I was fiercely proud of my family and the name I carried, due to [despite how far apart we all are] how close we were, when we did all get together for special occasions.

Later in life, I would realize my own father isn't the best guy around [he was a bit of a dick generally when he was 18, through until he got to about 30], and basically "dishonored" the name in more ways than one, along with his father....and other members of the family, which I would find out because of what my name is, "oh your so and so's boy are you?", which was normally followed by judging me because of it.

That coupled with my mother remarrying/having a different family name, and my sister being born, I kind of feel like an outsider, if only in name only.

These days, I try to represent my personal family unit, who all also share the family name, and bring us back up a notch, at least for my daughters generation, so they can say "oh [family name], I know them, they are good people".

TL;DR - Name, stuff, ranting.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post