What makes TTA different?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: What makes TTA different?
We have HoC and Erxy. What else could ya want ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-07-2013, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 03:11 PM by Anjele.)
Edited to say...never mind.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
31-07-2013, 03:05 PM
(31-07-2013 03:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dysfunctional family but family all the same?

How so? I think we function just fine. We may have disagreements, but that hardly keeps all of us apart.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 03:12 PM by Anjele.)
Poorly stated on my part, Logica.

Just saying it ain't all rainbows and butterflies around here. yet, here we are.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
31-07-2013, 03:12 PM
(31-07-2013 03:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Poorly stated on my part, Logica.

Just saying it ain't all rainbows and butterflies around here. yet, here we are.

There's no such thing as a perfect, peaceful family, Anjele. Smile

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 03:13 PM
(31-07-2013 02:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I like that all sorts of topics are here. It's not just a place to get away from religion and it's not a place that is all science, all the time. The community feel of sharing music, movies, accomplishments in life, jobs, asking for advice, the good-natured teasing, and the wildly diverse group of regulars interspersed with characters that show up now and then.

(31-07-2013 03:00 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The variety of characters, personalities, and humors make this place worth while. It is not devoid of intimacy like so many other forums. In many aspects, we are exactly what Atothetheist refers to us as. A family.

The varied focus here and community feel is a great selling point for sticking around. The scholarly stuff here is also great, I know I have learned a ton since being here. So we have a little bit of everything and it is not just 1 type of poster.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Spent a week on the Dawkins forum a year ago... The mods where a bit overzealous, the whole place felt kinda sanitized like the point was more about making a statement to Theists and outsiders and less about community...Thus the people who remained tended to be pretentious feminine hygiene product containers....Too dry, too PC, too academic.

The only forum I ever really frequented otherwise was talkbass and that forum was huge and while it was super active and cool in that sense, you couldn't talk religion or politics, at all, anywhere, and since it was a bass forum there where no women. Mostly it was just threads about girls, beer and ragging on guitarists 24/7....and the long time forum celebrities pretty much dominated the conversation (not that they weren't entertaining).

TTA is small enough to be heard, big enough to be active and loose enough to be interesting.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
31-07-2013, 05:06 PM
I spent some time at whywontgodhealamputees forum and it was ok but just a bit too serious for my taste. People here are smart but not snobby.

People here don't seem to hold a grudge for any length of time either. This makes for a more inclusive place and lively conversation. Also there are a nice variety of topics. The fact that I spend waaaaay too much time here than I ever intended to reflects that this forum is wildly magnetic.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-07-2013, 05:06 PM
(31-07-2013 03:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 03:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dysfunctional family but family all the same?

How so? I think we function just fine. We may have disagreements, but that hardly keeps all of us apart.

Well we did have those kidney stones at one point... Sad
31-07-2013, 05:40 PM
(31-07-2013 02:31 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
kingschosen Wrote:Many of us feel that this is the best community we've been a part of... but why is that?

Isn't it obvious?

We have me. Smile

No posting whilst your drunk! (we've already discussed this Drinking Beverage )

Love it here cos it's not over-moderated and we have great people here.
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post