What makes life great?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 08:04 PM
What makes life great?
I never posted anything in here before, and I believe this part of our forum is not getting the kind of attention that it should. Atheism vs Theism and the other religious and atheist related threads are SO full of negativity most of the time.

So, I thought it might be quite droll or might I saw, quite delightful to get some kind of topic to liven this place up in a bit of a positive light for a moment I do!

So, my dear boys and girls, what do you find in life to make it enjoyable and relaxing?

I myself, find talking to you chaps and lasses, painting on miniatures, engaging in that diablo 3 online game, and eating fine foods I have made myself, such as this crawfish chowder I will be making soon. Never done anything of the like before, but I saw crawfish and thought I would give it a GO!

What about you my dear good boys and girls? What brings you joy in the today's world?! mmm?

That which can Never be proven true is false. - A Philosophical Razor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: What makes life great?
Watching my kids grow into their own.

Music, in so many different ways.

Long quiet bike rides

Being on the water, fishing, water sports, etc

The affection of a loved one
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
13-10-2014, 10:19 AM
The feeling of a cold breeze in my hair, spending time with my girlfriend, good food, good music, good friends.
Knowing that my Samantha loves me and I love her.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 3 users Like Winterwolf00's post
13-10-2014, 03:00 PM
What makes life great?
Getting from my parents what an MD years later described as "designer genes".
In my teens: while growing up in an occasionally violent home, orgasms and reading (in that order).
In my 20s: surviving a war, using the GI Bill to go to college, studying math and science, quitting Catholicism for agnosticism.
In my 30s: getting a BA, discovering computers and becoming a well-paid nerd, marrying a woman who also wanted no kids.
In my 40s: learning public speaking, becoming single again, doing environmental politics, closing the book on my occasionally violent dad, retiring to SF intending to go to law school.
In my 50s: not going to law school, recovering via VALUABLE volunteer work and writing.
in my 60s: entering a war veterans retirement home, woodworking, reading, using the political skills I had gained.
in my 70s and early 80s: coming out as an atheist, stretching my artistic skills, again using my political skills, ...
[+] 3 users Like tom in napa's post
13-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Learning something new

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post