What makes me sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 08:32 PM
What makes me sometimes
Wish there was a god? There are moments that I wish there was...
I don't believe but I wish I did -- sometimes.

I know this is stupid. Not sure if this belongs somewhere else....

But has anyone else ever felt like this?

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: What makes me sometimes
Maybe what you mean is that you wish there was a god that answers prayers. A god that will help you and hold you up when you are are feeling lost and alone. And sometimes when there is no answer, it would be nice for their to be a place to get one.

I have had those thoughts before.

Repeated failure of all of those things, when I was young and truly believed, led to two trains of thought. Either there is no god or I am not worthy of his help.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-01-2013, 08:52 PM
(14-01-2013 08:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wish there was a god? There are moments that I wish there was...

Not really, the thought that an entity holds direct power over my life and all that exists is a little unsettling. Especially when you hear about what kind of being people think that entity is. The world is better off without gods and goddesses. Though I do feel a yearning to deem something sacred from time to time. I was currently contemplating on making nature my sacred object.
14-01-2013, 09:00 PM
sometimes I rant and rail against life. I cry that there must be something after this; for someone to comfort me in my own insignificance. Then I remember those I love who belief in many other gods hope thatwe go into nothing, at least then, we'll be together.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
14-01-2013, 09:03 PM
(14-01-2013 09:00 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  sometimes I rant and rail against life. I cry that there must be something after this; for someone to comfort me in my own insignificance. Then I remember those I love who belief in many other gods hope thatwe go into nothing, at least then, we'll be together.
You and me have the hatred for life in common, although if you hate life like me I doubt you'd find my idea very appealing. That after 'this' there's just more of 'this'.
14-01-2013, 09:17 PM
I wish there was an invisible entity that would grant my wish to win the lottery, for sure. I'd get down on my knees and pray right now if I thought there was.

I don't wish so much that god exists, but I do think it'd make life interesting if ghosts and stuff existed. I'm quite convinced ghosts and superpowers do not, but it'd make life just like a horror movie or comic book, and sometimes I think that would be cool.

I'd like psychic abilities or something, but I think I am very relieved there is no evidence for deities, actually. I think I'd find that very depressing, if not horrifying. The whole idea that someone created this mess on purpose. The idea of god existing sounds pretty nightmarish to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
14-01-2013, 09:20 PM
(14-01-2013 08:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe what you mean is that you wish there was a god that answers prayers. A god that will help you and hold you up when you are are feeling lost and alone. And sometimes when there is no answer, it would be nice for their to be a place to get one.

I have had those thoughts before.

Repeated failure of all of those things, when I was young and truly believed, led to two trains of thought. Either there is no god or I am not worthy of his help.

Oh that soooo completely says what I'm feeling right now. Thank you so much.

14-01-2013, 09:24 PM
(14-01-2013 08:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wish there was a god? There are moments that I wish there was...

No, but I wished there weren't a god when I was young and still believed the lies I was told by adults.

I'm curious...

When is it that your wishes for a god manifest?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2013, 09:25 PM
(14-01-2013 09:00 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  sometimes I rant and rail against life. I cry that there must be something after this; for someone to comfort me in my own insignificance. Then I remember those I love who belief in many other gods hope thatwe go into nothing, at least then, we'll be together.

Yes, I understand that. I've never believed as many of my family believed...I don't believe in the bible either...

Yet sometimes I do wish there was one...but then I see all the people who seem to just be drifting and it just reminds me there isn't one.

14-01-2013, 09:29 PM
(14-01-2013 08:52 PM)Nappa Wrote:  

Not really, the thought that an entity holds direct power over my life and all that exists is a little unsettling. Especially when you hear about what kind of being people think that entity is. The world is better off without gods and goddesses. Though I do feel a yearning to deem something sacred from time to time. I was currently contemplating on making nature my sacred object.

I know what you mean -- the whole god of the bible and other religions scare the crap out of me. But I wouldn't mind something that would guide us when we needed it and leave us alone when we don't.