What makes me sometimes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: What makes me sometimes
(14-01-2013 09:17 PM)amyb Wrote:  I wish there was an invisible entity that would grant my wish to win the lottery, for sure. I'd get down on my knees and pray right now if I thought there was.

I don't wish so much that god exists, but I do think it'd make life interesting if ghosts and stuff existed. I'm quite convinced ghosts and superpowers do not, but it'd make life just like a horror movie or comic book, and sometimes I think that would be cool.

I'd like psychic abilities or something, but I think I am very relieved there is no evidence for deities, actually. I think I'd find that very depressing, if not horrifying. The whole idea that someone created this mess on purpose. The idea of god existing sounds pretty nightmarish to me.

Yea, I totally get that.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 09:33 PM
(14-01-2013 09:24 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(14-01-2013 08:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wish there was a god? There are moments that I wish there was...
I don't believe but I wish I did -- sometimes.

I know this is stupid. Not sure if this belongs somewhere else....

But has anyone else ever felt like this?
No, but I wished there weren't a god when I was young and still believed the lies I was told by adults.

I'm curious...

When is it that your wishes for a god manifest?

When I start wondering about profound changes in my life.

14-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Do you have the experience of not being helped through profound decisions in your past?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2013, 09:41 PM
(14-01-2013 09:38 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Do you have the experience of not being helped through profound decisions in your past?

Hmm. Yes.

14-01-2013, 09:46 PM
I wish there was a god that prevented all rapes, all murders and all child molestations. A god to feed the poor and control the weather so crops always gave a bountiful harvest.
A god that wasn't all powerful or totalitarian. A god that simply could bring out the best in humanity and nullify the worst so it never came to light.

I wish that god existed.

But instead we have just ourselves along with all our petty desires, human emotions, depravity and goodness.
It's no wonder we invent gods.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
14-01-2013, 10:01 PM
(14-01-2013 09:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I wish there was a god that prevented all rapes, all murders and all child molestations. A god to feed the poor and control the weather so crops always gave a bountiful harvest.
A god that wasn't all powerful or totalitarian. A god that simply could bring out the best in humanity and nullify the worst so it never came to light.

I wish that god existed.

But instead we have just ourselves along with all our petty desires, human emotions, depravity and goodness.
It's no wonder we invent gods.

I know...god or super hero...I'd be good with either.