What makes you unique?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2017, 09:13 AM
RE: What makes you unique?
(06-12-2017 09:06 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 09:02 AM)julep Wrote:  I think one thing that makes me a bit different, though not unique, is my Aspie brain.

Other unusual things include having a terminal college degree, in this case an MFA, but no bachelors degree, and anisocoria (that's my pupils not being the same size).

I have to say as long as this doesn't impact your vision (as I don't know much about aniscoria)-- this is totally cool looking and definitely a unique and lovely quality you have Thumbsup

[Image: tumblr_noxottX6tm1s1vn29o1_500.jpg]
It's not as pronounced as the photo, but it's noticeable. I've had it since I was a kid. My eyes are wildly different strengths (like 20/40 on the right and 20/200 on the left) and I tend to focus my left eye when I'm doing close stuff, like reading, and my right eye when I'm doing moderate or longer distance stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
06-12-2017, 09:13 AM
my DNA
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
06-12-2017, 09:18 AM
(06-12-2017 09:04 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You DO have wonderfully huge eyes, Jenny. You're all eyes. Shocking I'm all legs though. I'm 5'6" but I have a 34" inseam.

I don't know if this is unique but I'm really good natured and have a fun sense of humor. Hubby says I've been fun to be around all these many years.

I have long legs too and I'm also 5'6''. I think we are secretly related as we usually have a lot in common with viewpoints and such. I think we even have the same shoe size if I remember correctly. Although, you're like 112 lbs and I'm 135, it's the chocolate cupcakes Wink And I agree with your husband, you have a very fun personality and always make me laugh.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-12-2017, 09:23 AM
(06-12-2017 07:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think my "uniqueness" would probably be that I have huge blue eyes. Oaktree says I look like a real life anime character Laugh out load

So yeah my freakishly huge eyes Tongue make me unique, how about you? What makes you unique?
Laugh out load You do! Big Grin

what makes me unique? That only thing I can think of is that I'm a 90's throwback, that refuses to grow up. Love wearing shorts, tshirts/hoodies and caps, love skateboard trainers (the big fat ones, they are soooo comfy). Love my music from that time, which is now making me "old" in my daughters eyes. I often think of very stupid things, and then say them, mainly for my own benefit Laugh out load

I often look, and am, a huge dork, but fuck it lol. Everybody else is all top knots and "fashion", where as I am me, and very proud of it.
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
06-12-2017, 09:32 AM
(06-12-2017 07:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So yeah my freakishly huge eyes Tongue make me unique...

"Freakishly huge" might be a bit negative and hyperbolic. Maybe "alluringly large".

(06-12-2017 07:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ...how about you? What makes you unique?

Probably my rather dry and dark sense of humor. Maybe my excessive use of italics when I post.

Not me, per se, but my six-year-old says some very weird and funny things. The thing people unanimously say about my Facebook feed is they like reading what she says. My brother says she's the only reason he checks Facebook anymore.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-12-2017, 09:41 AM
(06-12-2017 09:32 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 07:53 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So yeah my freakishly huge eyes Tongue make me unique...

"Freakishly huge" might be a bit negative and hyperbolic. Maybe "alluringly large".

Probably my rather dry and dark sense of humor. Maybe my excessive use of italics when I post.

Not me, per se, but my six-year-old says some very weird and funny things. The thing people unanimously say about my Facebook feed is they like reading what she says. My brother says she's the only reason he checks Facebook anymore.

You use a lot of italics in your posts? I never noticed. Wait, I get it! It's that dry sense of humor talking again.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-12-2017, 09:41 AM
(06-12-2017 09:32 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

I like that "alluringly large" Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Apart from my fingerprint, I would shamefully have to admit that nothing makes me unique. I'm just one in a long line of human beings.

But when I think about it, there is one thing that comes to mind. My daughter loves me. That makes me unique.

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
[+] 2 users Like Harvey's post
06-12-2017, 11:21 AM
(06-12-2017 08:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 08:27 AM)Emma Wrote:  It's true, you do look like RL anime! Tongue It's super cute.

Idk if there's really anything that makes me all that unique. I suppose among most of the people in my life, I'm the only trans girl they know of and certainly the first they've witnessed transition.

Consider /shrug

Thank you Smile And that's a cool thing too because you are such a great ambassador for people living their lives on their own terms Thumbsup Of course, you are also super cute and totally awesome sauce Tongue

Awwwwww Blush You always make me blush! BlushBlushHeart
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
06-12-2017, 11:58 AM
What makes you unique?
I don't consider myself unique.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post