What makes you unique?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: What makes you unique?
One thing I forgot to mention. I have part of a baby tooth that never fell out and it's still lodged between two of my back molers. For years I tried to dig it out whatever it was that was always between my back teeth, not knowing what it was. Then last year when I had my yearly x-rays at the dentist they took a closer look at it on their fancy computer monitor and the doctor realized what it was.

He said it's a one in a million thing and he was excited to find it since he'd never seen one before. He told his fellow dentist he shares his practice with. It's got a funny latin name or something. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-12-2017, 02:40 PM
[Image: latest?cb=20130424025909&path-prefix=en]
Unqiueness is irrellevant. Diversity is irrellevant. There is only the Collective. This "forum" will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. You must comply.

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
06-12-2017, 02:44 PM
I have AS (was unofficially diagnosed when I was six).

I'm terrible at picking up and expressing sarcasm (more than likely because of the AS).

I'm really attracted to maturity in people I meet. On the flip side, I absolutely dislike fake people.

Atheist, with a passing interest in paganism (more of a morbid curiosity).

I have an intense interest in automobiles, despite being fully aware they're screwing up the world right now.

Also kind of a tech luddite. I like retro things, and often want to throw up in my mouth a little when a company adds new "smart" crap to their product.

I enjoy the outdoors, warts and all, and feel empowered when I'm getting the shit kicked out of me by Mother Nature.
[+] 7 users Like Kaneda's post
06-12-2017, 05:51 PM
Are there any species whose individual specimens are 100% identical? Unsure

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Hmmmm...I have some freckles/moles on my back that kinda look like the Orion constellation Big Grin

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
06-12-2017, 06:49 PM
As far as I can tell, I'm the only 69-year-old pyrotechnic enthusiast here who also writes LotR fan fiction. Consider
[+] 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post
06-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Well I suffer a relatively rare form of myopia, degenerative/progressive myopia, which means my eyes are slowly tearing themselves apart by elongating over time. I can make myself vomit or belch on command.

Aside from that, I'm merely typical for somebody of my background and nature.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-12-2017, 08:13 PM
(06-12-2017 07:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well I suffer a relatively rare form of myopia, degenerative/progressive myopia, which means my eyes are slowly tearing themselves apart by elongating over time.

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've got an uncle with glaucoma and a best friend with progressive hearing loss. They take it stride and are otherwise lively folk, but that sounds really rough, regardless.
[+] 2 users Like Kaneda's post
06-12-2017, 09:52 PM
It's difficult to pinpoint that one thing that makes me unique. It's lots of little things that made me into the weirdo I've come to be.

My fucked up experiences, my dark sense of humour, my selective empathy, my equally selective innate intelligence in perpetual conflict with my ADHD, my ability to hyperfocus like a laser on some things while everything else goes right over my head, and last of all the herd of yaks following me around.

Aesthetically speaking, I'm just a normal looking white guy who was afraid to dress up when I was a young adult because people would always assume I was a Mormon missionary doing my obligatory two years.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
06-12-2017, 09:58 PM
(06-12-2017 09:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's difficult to pinpoint that one thing that makes me unique. It's lots of little things that made me into the weirdo I've come to be.

My fucked up experiences, my dark sense of humour, my selective empathy, my equally selective innate intelligence in perpetual conflict with my ADHD, my ability to hyperfocus like a laser on some things while everything else goes right over my head, and last of all the herd of yaks following me around.

Aesthetically speaking, I'm just a normal looking white guy who was afraid to dress up when I was a young adult because people would always assume I was a Mormon missionary doing my obligatory two years.

Weirdo Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post