What makes you unique?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: What makes you unique?
(06-12-2017 07:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well I suffer a relatively rare form of myopia, degenerative/progressive myopia, which means my eyes are slowly tearing themselves apart by elongating over time. I can make myself vomit or belch on command.

Aside from that, I'm merely typical for somebody of my background and nature.

*hugs FT*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-12-2017, 10:32 PM
My experiences. I feel like the X-brand tennis shoe in the forensics lab. It was made exactly like the 20,000 before it but, shortly after its owner put it on and took a few steps he/she stepped on various objects leaving unique marks on the sole that made it different than all the others. Those marks, our experiences are one thing that makes us all unique. I hope that makes sense?
[+] 2 users Like Captain Congo's post
07-12-2017, 12:54 AM
(06-12-2017 08:13 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 07:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well I suffer a relatively rare form of myopia, degenerative/progressive myopia, which means my eyes are slowly tearing themselves apart by elongating over time.

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've got an uncle with glaucoma and a best friend with progressive hearing loss. They take it stride and are otherwise lively folk, but that sounds really rough, regardless.

Yeah, it does suck. If I am lucky, I'll just spend my life getting new specs every few years to adjust. If I'm not though, I'll eventually go irreparably blind. As it stands, odds are better for the latter. I'm only 21 and have at least one minor retinal tear. I really need to get another checkup, it's been three months overdue but I can't afford the deep retinal scans right now.

Thanks for the sympathy though.

(06-12-2017 09:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2017 07:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well I suffer a relatively rare form of myopia, degenerative/progressive myopia, which means my eyes are slowly tearing themselves apart by elongating over time. I can make myself vomit or belch on command.

Aside from that, I'm merely typical for somebody of my background and nature.

*hugs FT*

Hug

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
07-12-2017, 07:57 AM
(06-12-2017 09:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's difficult to pinpoint that one thing that makes me unique. It's lots of little things that made me into the weirdo I've come to be.

My fucked up experiences, my dark sense of humour, my selective empathy, my equally selective innate intelligence in perpetual conflict with my ADHD, my ability to hyperfocus like a laser on some things while everything else goes right over my head, and last of all the herd of yaks following me around.

Aesthetically speaking, I'm just a normal looking white guy who was afraid to dress up when I was a young adult because people would always assume I was a Mormon missionary doing my obligatory two years.

*Also aesthetically speaking...

[Image: hot01.gif]

[Image: tumblr_o3u4x6M2j01udh5n8o1_500.gif]

Big Grin Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Up

Have the same problem..but i live with hope it will dissapear some day..
[+] 1 user Likes stephaniea44's post
07-12-2017, 06:58 PM
(07-12-2017 04:12 PM)stephaniea44 Wrote:  Up

Have the same problem..but i live with hope it will dissapear some day..

*hugs* Welcome to TTA Smile
07-12-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm the only person I know of who wears the Jolly Roger, all year round! Cool

Like this, but with crossed swords, and not so cartoony lookin, or crooked:
[Image: s-l300.jpg]

I wanna make this my avatar, SO bad Laugh out load
[Image: yo-ho-ho-ho-santa-hat-pirate-jolly-roger...skull-grey]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-12-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm kinda generic so nothing particularly unique. I can do this double-jointed thing with my fingers where I stick them out and it looks kind of weird but not really something unique, just unusual. One time I won about a thousand bucks playing keno in Reno which is kind of unique because "keno" and "Reno" rhyme, right, which is kind of unique? No? I guess not. I have embedded in my palm a chunk of pencil lead that broke off like forty years ago and it's just right there, near the surface, this chunk of pencil lead. I've been anally probed by Wicktonians from the Freosk system in the ninth Quadrant of Orion, and this one time when I was riding my bike when I was about twelve, I ran over two nails at the same time and blew out both tires. Literally at the same time! PSSssssht! I was sitting there like: what the fuck? What are the odds?

I can type about 45 words a minute, which probably isn't super unique. But it's pretty fast. My left eye is a supernatural implant from the earliest incarnation of Gealzebarb, He Who Cannot Be Subdued, first elder of the Ancient One, and through it Gealzebarb sees and judges the wicked from his Throne of Transcendence. My right eye is kind of generic, green basically. Oh, I can draw a freehand map of the United States without looking at anything and it looks pretty decent. It gets tricky when you get up into the midwest.

I have a wife and two kids so that's terribly not-unique but there was this one time I rolled five dice and FOUR of them came up ones. That's like, what, double snake eyes? My earliest memory is of my 579th reincarnation, when, as Sir Roger Hilmsley, I made love to Queen Elizabeth I. God, she was so beautiful, and so pale. I don't think it ever made it into the history books; I was madly in love with her but I was not of her station and to her I was just a plaything. She gave me a bemused laugh when, as we lay exhausted in the aftermath of passion, I asked her to marry me. Oh, and I can spin a pencil on the knuckle of my thumb, it's really weird, it just goes around and around and around...

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
08-12-2017, 02:15 AM
I have a lot of varied skills and intelligences from clusters that aren't considered closely related.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
08-12-2017, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 04:37 AM by EvolutionKills.)
In a world with 7.5 billion fellow human beings and counting?

Literally nothing. My looks, interests, dislikes, aversions, hobbies, preferences, mannerisms, opinions, thoughts, and nearly everything else that composes my self identity is shared in part or in whole by countless people; both across the globe and throughout the past. The only thing that distinguishes myself is the happenstance of my specific locality in time and space. The only thing that makes me unique is something that not I, nor anyone else, has any real control over; the time and place of our brief moment in this cosmic shit-storm we call existence.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post