I think I want my username to be blue.

(edit) WOW YOU GUYS DID IT! THANKS!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
31-10-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: What member colors mean.
(31-10-2012 05:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Taupe ? Weeping

Surprisingly interesting wiki read on "taupe".

Apparently taupe was originally just a word to describe the average color of a French mole, but later during the 1940's it expanded to incorporate various different shades.
In fact apparently it is often mistaken and overlaps with "tan" and even professionals who work with color are up in the air confused about what "taupe" actually means.
So taupe doesn't actually directly relate to a specific color but rather a range.

You can see different variations of taupe on the wiki article if you are interested and wish to do some further reading of your own.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-10-2012, 08:51 AM
(31-10-2012 08:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 05:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Taupe ? Weeping

Surprisingly interesting wiki read on "taupe".

Apparently taupe was originally just a word to describe the average color of a French mole, but later during the 1940's it expanded to incorporate various different shades.
In fact apparently it is often mistaken and overlaps with "tan" and even professionals who work with color are up in the air confused about what "taupe" actually means.
So taupe doesn't actually directly relate to a specific color but rather a range.

You can see different variations of taupe on the wiki article if you are interested and wish to do some further reading of your own.

It's a joke.
In the US if one were to say that, it's a sort of "gay slur". All gays have "track lighting", and "taupe" something .. as a stereotype. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
31-10-2012, 08:59 AM
(31-10-2012 08:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 08:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Surprisingly interesting wiki read on "taupe".

It's a joke.
In the US if one were to say that, it's a sort of "gay slur". All gays have "track lighting", and "taupe" something .. as a stereotype. Weeping

My bad, I'm not down with the young people so tend to get left behind on the ol' lingo.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
23-09-2013, 10:46 PM
What if there were another level of "enlightenment" above being an atheist. My question would be: would those people have high or low "reputation" scores. Of course we all know we would pretty much all be way in the negative in a "normal" forum.
I guess as an adult I could deal with a "negative reputation". But isn't this sort of group censorship, something we should strive to avoid? On the other hand some people do deserve to be censored. Sigh, life can be so complicated when you think....
14-10-2013, 11:12 PM
what does brown or dark red mean?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-10-2013, 11:20 PM
(14-10-2013 11:12 PM)nach_in Wrote:  what does brown or dark red mean?

"sort your shit out or we'll ban your ass"

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-10-2013, 11:34 PM
(14-10-2013 11:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

"sort your shit out or we'll ban your ass"

how appropriate Yes

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-10-2013, 01:11 AM

You mean the "naughty" people? I'm pretty sure it means their thread creation privileges have been temporarily taken away.

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-10-2013, 02:35 PM
(15-10-2013 01:11 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

You mean the "naughty" people? I'm pretty sure it means their thread creation privileges have been temporarily taken away.

More often than not, I would think it is permanent, but more accurately it is probationary.

And there you go DLJ, I know this is the kinda thing that really turns you on.