What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
If you've seen it, I can think of no other movie really to suggest that I suspect has already been suggested here: The Spanish Prisoner (1997) It's a Drama/Mystery/Thriller. I don't own it, but if I ever see it in the shop, cha-ching!

CTS
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks CTS,
It looks good. I have it on hold at the library. I'll let you know how it goes! Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Suckerpunch.

Not only has it one of the maddest/original plots ive ever seen...... it also has an unexpected ending.

Contagion

Pretty grim but semi realistic portrayal of what would happen if a global flu pandemic hit.

The Negotiator

Samuel L Jackson is tasked with interrogating a man who has placed 3 nukes in and around USA....... Samuels tactics get darker and more sinister and he is also tasked with reminding the people around him what is at stake...... raising questions on what is deemed "suitable" for the greater good.

Its one of those films that if you watch more than once......... you will notice little bits you never noticed first time around (like fight club) and again stars Samuel L Jackson but this time his role is a school teacher who has clashes with Gangster kids..... and decides to get payback in his own unique way.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-07-2012, 08:52 AM
I don't know how you feel about classics. Tell me.

I'm talking the movies that followed the silent era, where the only way people knew how to shoot talkies was by pretending they were filming a play. I enjoy them, but I also enjoy plays.

I watched the Petrified Forest last night and enjoyed it. It isn't the best of the oldies, but it's certainly enjoyable. Maybe just because I enjoyed watching Bogart in his first film role, and the strange way he would stand throughout the whole thing. It was strange, like he had a broken arm, or severe back problems or something. Nice to see him as the bad guy though.

I think Netflix has it. Check-check it out.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Oh yes - Petrified Forest- a classic! Bette Davis is around 19 years old and Leslie Howard is... well, he's Leslie Howard... and Bogey - what a performance - Duke Mantee, damn.

Thumbsup I give both my opposable thumbs up! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I forgot about Sucker Punch. I wanted to see that when it first came out, but it fell off my radar. It is now next in line on my Netflix DVD queue for after I watch Moneyball. Thumbsup

Classics...I like them when I'm in a Classics mood. I haven't seen Petrified Forest, so I shall give it a whirl! Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-07-2012, 07:41 AM
For movies: except for some newer ones like the Avengers, the Hunger Games, Snow White and the Huntsman, Amazing Spider-Man and Goon, you have it covered. If you're asking about TV, the anime Moribito:Guardian of the Spirit needs more love and should fit your tastes, since you seem to like the same stuff I do mostly. If it isn't on Netflix, it's on Crackle, which is 100% free.
Oh, wait, Vampire's Kiss is great. It's HILARIOUS and pretty clever.
(14-04-2012 06:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Can you recommend better movies to me than Netflix does?

Here are my main categories. Most of the time the categories can fit both TV and Movies.

But what do I like, I'm sure you're asking?

Sci-fi--think Blade-runner, BSG, Sliders, Gattaca, Alien

Fantasy--think Conan, Highlander, The 13th Warrior

Government conspiracy crap--JFK, Manchurian Candidate, Parallax View, Capricorn One

Comedies--The Hangover, Pineapple Express, Cheech and Chong, Big Bang Theory, Fast Times,

Documentaries--The King of Kong, Darkon, Monster Camp, The Inventions of Dr. Nakamats, Most Nat Geo and Cosmos docs

Music concerts--U2 Rattle and Hum, Iron Maiden Flight 666, Cheap Trick live at Buddakon.

Surviving the apocalypse--Terminator, I am Legend, Walking Dead, 12 Monkeys, Survivors (BBC Show)

Thrillers--Bourne Trilogy, The Italian Job, Ronin, Die Hard

Superheros--Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine

Come on you fucking atheists! Chop chop! I need some ideas before my wine and pills kick in and I can't reach the remote!
13-07-2012, 10:32 AM
LOL, Ben...I can't believe you recommended a Nicholas Cage movie. Big Grin

But I'll give it a try. Thumbsup

Anime is a little borderline for me...It's like Rap--I don't have it on my list of likes, but when I hear it, I can get caught up in it for a bit.

If Morbito needs more love...I shall give it some tonight!

Wait...that sounds kinda weird... Undecided

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-07-2012, 11:18 AM
If you feel like reading your movies ... I think you might like Jean Pierre Jeunet's Delicatessenand if you haven't seen it, also his City of Lost Children. Both a bit of fantasy... with a bit of dark humor.

Of course, there's also Amelie, but you may not want to see a movie about a girl, doing stupid girl stuff, in stupid girly Paris. She's kinda hot though... in a stupid girly way. However, it might make you feel all kinda in love and stupid girly stuff like that. Just sayin'. Dodgy

Yep, I'm getting all Francophile here - tomorrow is Bastille Day... but also, I love Jeunet - I think he's brilliant. He directed that Alien Resurrection movie, but he didn't write it... so it's not like it counts.

His films have an interesting feel, a little comedy, a bit of sex, sincere charm, and he respects his characters for their unique humanity. Just someone to remember when in the mood for an international flick. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-07-2012, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2012 10:30 PM by Grassy Knoll.)
Vatos Locos furever Cool

This is a long, but great, movie. I can't believe it's uploaded on youtube!

Blood in Blood out (also known as Bound by Honor) 1993

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user