What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 06:45 AM
RE: What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
Hugo

Saw it last night. It is a charming and beautifully made movie.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2012, 10:32 AM
(11-07-2012 12:16 AM)bemore Wrote:  Contagion

Pretty grim but semi realistic portrayal of what would happen if a global flu pandemic hit.

Shocking Bad movie, bad! It's on this compy, but I haven't got past the idea of not wanting to see my Gwynnies all dead and stuff. Sadcryface2

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-07-2012, 11:23 AM
(14-07-2012 06:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  Hugo

Saw it last night. It is a charming and beautifully made movie.
This looks good. I'll look for it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I watched Sucker Punch on Saturday night. I REALLY liked it. Very trippy. I wasn't sure I would like something that mostly takes place in the girl's head, but the visual effects were spectacular to go along with a clever plot idea and an ending that makes you go, hmmm. I give the movie 3 thumbs up! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
(11-07-2012 12:16 AM)bemore Wrote:  Suckerpunch.

Not only has it one of the maddest/original plots ive ever seen...... it also has an unexpected ending.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-07-2012, 11:14 PM
(11-07-2012 09:29 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh yes - Petrified Forest- a classic! Bette Davis is around 19 years old and Leslie Howard is... well, he's Leslie Howard... and Bogey - what a performance - Duke Mantee, damn.

Thumbsup I give both my opposable thumbs up! Thumbsup

I'm watching this right now. I'm about 15 minutes in and I'm giving it a thumb up so far. Smile

21-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I gave you a few titles of films to watch Erx a few posts back and I listed one as "The negotiator"

This is the incorrect title.

The proper title is called "unthinkable"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
21-07-2012, 08:30 PM
(21-07-2012 03:51 PM)bemore Wrote:  I gave you a few titles of films to watch Erx a few posts back and I listed one as "The negotiator"

This is the incorrect title.

The proper title is called "unthinkable"
That's the movie I thought you meant when you first suggested it, as I'd seen The Negotiator and it didn't really stand out.

A friend of mine, who also happens to be from your neck of the world, pretty much told me the entire plot to the movie. It sounds pretty hardcore. After our discussion of the movie, I was left with the feeling of not wanting to see it. I probably will end up seeing it sometime, but will definitely have to be in the right frame of mind. If I ever can do that... Confused

22-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Pretty old movie you've probably already seen - Devil's Advocate - I'd forgotten how fun this movie was. Al Pacino, Keanu Reeves, and Charlize Theron - very well done. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
27-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Is there any possibility that you haven't seen Equilibrium?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/

Grammatron clerics, gun kata and all that superb stuff?

I strongly suggest this movie to anyone who haven't seen it, yet.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Vampires - A mockumentary about Vampires in Belgium. I thought it was cute. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.