What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
(27-07-2012 04:32 PM)kim Wrote:  Vampires - A mockumentary about Vampires in Belgium. I thought it was cute. Shy

Cute.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2012, 09:47 PM
(14-07-2012 06:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  Hugo

Saw it last night. It is a charming and beautifully made movie.

Just got done watching Hugo. I didn't have high expectations for what looked like a "kids" movie going in, but charming is a good description, even if it's one I wouldn't have thought to use on my own.

Kimmy would say it's "cute."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-07-2012, 01:44 PM
So, Kim, I'm watching Vampires. You didn't tell me I was going to have to read it!
Still, I'm about 30 minutes in and enjoying it even though I have to squint to read the subtitles because I'm old and can't see very well.

29-07-2012, 02:07 PM
(29-07-2012 01:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So, Kim, I'm watching Vampires. You didn't tell me I was going to have to read it!
Still, I'm about 30 minutes in and enjoying it even though I have to squint to read the subtitles because I'm old and can't see very well.

"A mockumentary about Vampires in Belgium"

Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
29-07-2012, 04:42 PM
On the topic of Vampires, you should check out the somewhat campy John Carpenters Vampires. I enjoy this movie, though maybe I shouldn't because it's a bit silly.

I think it's reminiscent of JC's 80's stuff. His fun stuff. Plus I like James Woods for some reason. Maybe it's because he isn't afraid to make fun of himself.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2012, 05:17 PM
(29-07-2012 02:07 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-07-2012 01:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So, Kim, I'm watching Vampires. You didn't tell me I was going to have to read it!

"A mockumentary about Vampires in Belgium"

Dodgy

A Belgian mockumentary about vampires. Dodgy

29-07-2012, 05:24 PM
(29-07-2012 04:42 PM)lucradis Wrote:  On the topic of Vampires, you should check out the somewhat campy John Carpenters Vampires. I enjoy this movie, though maybe I shouldn't because it's a bit silly.

I think it's reminiscent of JC's 80's stuff. His fun stuff. Plus I like James Woods for some reason. Maybe it's because he isn't afraid to make fun of himself.

It's possible I've seen it, but since I don't remember it, I should probably watch it.

One of my favorite vampire movies was 30 Days of Night. Not because it is all that well made, but because the premise is cool: Vamps attack a small Alaskan town during the winter when the sun doesn't come up for 30 days. Let the slaughter ensue!

29-07-2012, 05:41 PM
You should take a gander at the graphic novel by the same name. I actually don't mind that movie either for the same reason. The only thing that really annoyed me was the screeching.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
29-07-2012, 05:42 PM
(29-07-2012 05:41 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You should take a gander at the graphic novel by the same name. I actually don't mind that movie either for the same reason. The only thing that really annoyed me was the screeching.

I think 3 things annoyed me:
The screeching
Josh Harnett
The sequel

29-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I haven't watched the sequel for a number of reasons.
I assumed there would be more screeching, and the comic version sucked.

I like Josh Hartnett. I'm not even gay, and I don't think he's more than average at the old acting thing. Maybe it's just because he was in 40 days and 40 nights, and in that movie there is a boobie landscape.