What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2012, 04:49 PM
RE: What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
(19-05-2012 04:37 PM)kim Wrote:  Ok - I read the OP and the rest of the thread: NO CHICK FLICKS out of me. Confused The Black Swan was even too chicky flicky dramatic for me to enjoy. And Natalie Portman or not, I'm too hetro to be impressed by leotards and boobs.

So yea - Wristcutters / Poolhall Junkies / Crime Spree / Shoot 'Em Up / The International / The Zero Effect - all good movies which I think will appeal to you.

Also

Off The Map - Sam Elliot - possibly something interesting for you here
Mystery Train - yes
Mr Brooks - only a psychopath could have a pottery studio that fucking clean
The Good Thief - Nick Nolte
The Man Who Would Be King - Cane & Connery do Kipling
The Crying Game - you never know who you will love
Unforgiven - myths only make reality much more difficult

There was a movie I liked that had little people in it dressed as knights... but I can't remember the name... something to do with a drive in movie place and vampires... hmm... I'll know at about 4am. I'll get back to you on it.
Shy
Gosh hope you find something to whet your whistle.
As always, you've outdone yourself, my friend. Yes

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2012, 05:24 PM
(19-05-2012 12:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Oh and if you
Want to see something with Brad in it that shows that the guy can act, check out kalifornia. Te only downside to this movie is duchovny, because he cannot act.
I try to avoid anything Duchovny outside of X-files.

My all time favorite Brad Pitt role is from "Burn after Reading."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I agree about duchovny. Burn after reading was ... Odd.
Check out Kalifornia though. It's a role unlike any other he has ever done.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-05-2012, 07:04 PM
(19-05-2012 05:48 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I agree about duchovny. Burn after reading was ... Odd.
I'll give it a try. I think I've skipped it because I thought it was the same as Natural Born Killers and I didn't really care for that movie.

Hey Kim, I logged onto Netflix to look up some of your movies and smack dab in my Top 10 recommendations was Prophecy 3! Must be a sign.

Or just freaky coincidence.

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-05-2012, 11:12 PM
That's Christopher Walken. Jeez. Tongue

Makes me think of New Jack City and Dead Zone, the second that rarity of rarities, a decent Stephen King flick.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-05-2012, 11:31 PM
(19-05-2012 07:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 05:48 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I agree about duchovny. Burn after reading was ... Odd.
I'll give it a try. I think I've skipped it because I thought it was the same as Natural Born Killers and I didn't really care for that movie.

Hey Kim, I logged onto Netflix to look up some of your movies and smack dab in my Top 10 recommendations was Prophecy 3! Must be a sign.

You can't see Prophecy 3 until you see 1 and 2, otherwise you will upset the balance and Viggo Mortensen will be... cranky. Sadcryface

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
20-05-2012, 12:02 AM
(19-05-2012 11:31 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 07:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'll give it a try. I think I've skipped it because I thought it was the same as Natural Born Killers and I didn't really care for that movie.

You can't see Prophecy 3 until you see 1 and 2, otherwise you will upset the balance and Viggo Mortensen will be... cranky. Sadcryface
Because you said I can't, I will.

20-05-2012, 12:20 AM
(20-05-2012 12:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 11:31 PM)kim Wrote:  You can't see Prophecy 3 until you see 1 and 2, otherwise you will upset the balance and Viggo Mortensen will be... cranky. Sadcryface
Because you said I can't, I will.
It's an arc... you'll spoil it... you won't get the complete characterization and the wacky humor. Dodgy

Fuck it, I tried. Angel

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
20-05-2012, 12:33 AM
(20-05-2012 12:20 AM)kim Wrote:  Fuck it, I tried. Angel
That's what she said.

15-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I got one I really dug. 'Love and a .45' I kinda think it's what I'd do if I could make a movie.

Great actors and cool music. Not the best movie in the world but should really have been a cult classic in my book.
Below is what I could garner from YT. One of my favorite scenes is here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=178_1321547883

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user