What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2012, 12:54 AM
RE: What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
Love and a .45 - It is a cult classic. It's very nicely done. Smile

I also liked Wild At Heart - same kind of "Bonnie & Clyde" genre Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-06-2012, 01:56 AM
I just finished Batman/Superman: Apocalypse for the second time. Bruce friggin rocks. And Wonder Woman AND Supergirl? Hubba! Hubba!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Snow White and the seven dwarfs XXX
21-06-2012, 08:54 PM
(15-04-2012 04:53 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You can try Stakeland, it's surprisingly not cringeworthy. Or if depression is your bag, The Road. It's one of those movies where if you junk food it up while watching you end up feeling a bit guilty.
I had to search a bit to see who had recommended this movie to me. I had it on reserve at the library and it just became available today. It did remind me a lot of The Road, only more exciting and less depressing. Kind of a weird take on making vamps like zombies. I'd give it a thumb and a half up. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Yes it was unexpectedly not horrible. Typically vampire movies are incredibly lame. The only ones I still enjoy are usually the old school ones with Bela and Christopher Lee. They were unintentionally bad, thus making them immensely enjoyable.

If you want to watch an action movie lacking in brains and not requiring you to bring your own, try out Crank. It's a ton of fun, just don't expect it to be any "good" in the traditional sense. Shoot em' Up is also good for this, though not as fun and more corny.

If you want more thinking, check out two Harrison Ford classics, The Fugitive, and Frantic. No one seems to know what Frantic is. I looked it up on IMDB just now to make sure I had the name right, and it's rating isn't very high, but fuck the world, it's good.

It's too bad you don't like romance, there are some good ones.

But I'll trick you now and recommend a couple of romance movies that aren't romance movie.

Try 40 days and nights, the dream sequence alone is worth the trip. Also, Lucky Number Slevin. All round good movie.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Hmm, I wanna go see an actual movie. Been so long since I have legally seen a movie.

Nothing good on though.

Might go watch Brave, be the only "big kid" in the kids animated film, laughing like a fuckhead very loudly at all the adult jokes.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
30-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

A Finish flim with sweet, rosy cheeked children and dark, black comedy. Something for everyone.
Even though you are in a more congenial climate Erx, I think you'll appreciate this film's chilly atmosphere.
A must see.
Caution: may not be entirely Christee approved. Angel

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
30-06-2012, 12:51 PM
(30-06-2012 10:49 AM)kim Wrote:  Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

A Finish flim with sweet, rosy cheeked children and dark, black comedy. Something for everyone.
Even though you are in a more congenial climate Erx, I think you'll appreciate this film's chilly atmosphere.
A must see.
Caution: may not be entirely Christee approved. Angel
This was recommended by Netflix. I thought I might have to wait until next Christmas to really get into the spirit, but if it's not Christee approved, then I'm more curious about seeing it. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-06-2012, 12:56 PM
(14-04-2012 06:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Can you recommend better movies to me than Netflix does?

Here are my main categories. Most of the time the categories can fit both TV and Movies.

But what do I like, I'm sure you're asking?

Sci-fi--think Blade-runner, BSG, Sliders, Gattaca, Alien

Fantasy--think Conan, Highlander, The 13th Warrior

Government conspiracy crap--JFK, Manchurian Candidate, Parallax View, Capricorn One

Comedies--The Hangover, Pineapple Express, Cheech and Chong, Big Bang Theory, Fast Times,

Documentaries--The King of Kong, Darkon, Monster Camp, The Inventions of Dr. Nakamats, Most Nat Geo and Cosmos docs

Music concerts--U2 Rattle and Hum, Iron Maiden Flight 666, Cheap Trick live at Buddakon.

Surviving the apocalypse--Terminator, I am Legend, Walking Dead, 12 Monkeys, Survivors (BBC Show)

Thrillers--Bourne Trilogy, The Italian Job, Ronin, Die Hard

Superheros--Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine

Come on you fucking atheists! Chop chop! I need some ideas before my wine and pills kick in and I can't reach the remote!
(14-04-2012 06:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Have you ever seen The Friends of Eddie Coyle? A crime drama set in Boston. It stars Robert Mitchum and Peter Boyle. A good flick.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-06-2012, 01:05 PM
(30-06-2012 12:56 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(14-04-2012 06:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Can you recommend better movies to me than Netflix does?

Here are my main categories. Most of the time the categories can fit both TV and Movies.

But what do I like, I'm sure you're asking?

Sci-fi--think Blade-runner, BSG, Sliders, Gattaca, Alien

Fantasy--think Conan, Highlander, The 13th Warrior

Government conspiracy crap--JFK, Manchurian Candidate, Parallax View, Capricorn One

Comedies--The Hangover, Pineapple Express, Cheech and Chong, Big Bang Theory, Fast Times,

Documentaries--The King of Kong, Darkon, Monster Camp, The Inventions of Dr. Nakamats, Most Nat Geo and Cosmos docs

Music concerts--U2 Rattle and Hum, Iron Maiden Flight 666, Cheap Trick live at Buddakon.

Surviving the apocalypse--Terminator, I am Legend, Walking Dead, 12 Monkeys, Survivors (BBC Show)

Thrillers--Bourne Trilogy, The Italian Job, Ronin, Die Hard

Superheros--Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine

Come on you fucking atheists! Chop chop! I need some ideas before my wine and pills kick in and I can't reach the remote!
(14-04-2012 06:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Have you ever seen The Friends of Eddie Coyle? A crime drama set in Boston. It stars Robert Mitchum and Peter Boyle. A good flick.
I'll give it a whirl. I just reserved it from the Library. Thumbsup