What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2012, 06:23 PM
What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
Can you recommend better movies to me than Netflix does?

Here are my main categories. Most of the time the categories can fit both TV and Movies.

But what do I like, I'm sure you're asking?

Sci-fi--think Blade-runner, BSG, Sliders, Gattaca, Alien

Fantasy--think Conan, Highlander, The 13th Warrior

Government conspiracy crap--JFK, Manchurian Candidate, Parallax View, Capricorn One

Comedies--The Hangover, Pineapple Express, Cheech and Chong, Big Bang Theory, Fast Times,

Documentaries--The King of Kong, Darkon, Monster Camp, The Inventions of Dr. Nakamats, Most Nat Geo and Cosmos docs

Music concerts--U2 Rattle and Hum, Iron Maiden Flight 666, Cheap Trick live at Buddakon.

Surviving the apocalypse--Terminator, I am Legend, Walking Dead, 12 Monkeys, Survivors (BBC Show)

Thrillers--Bourne Trilogy, The Italian Job, Ronin, Die Hard

Superheros--Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine

Come on you fucking atheists! Chop chop! I need some ideas before my wine and pills kick in and I can't reach the remote!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
I highly recommend the Usual Suspects.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
14-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Have you seen The Game with Michael Douglas? Love that movie, seems like something you'd like.
14-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I love, love, love The Usual Suspects!

I saw The Game once, but because I had a preconceived notion of what it was about, I didn't like it until it was almost over. I should give it another try since I have a better idea of what's going on.

Good suggestions so far!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-04-2012, 07:28 PM
You have good taste Erxomai!

If I don't get back to you tonight I will fo sho tomorrow.

I've seen a lot o movies and I think our movie tastes might meld well.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Debbie Does Dallas

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2012, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 07:42 PM by Erxomai.)
(14-04-2012 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Debbie Does Dallas
Seen it. Well, at least a few minutes of it. It didn't' take long to get what I needed from it. Big Grin

(14-04-2012 07:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You have good taste Erxomai!

If I don't get back to you tonight I will fo sho tomorrow.

I've seen a lot o movies and I think our movie tastes might meld well.
Thanks, Luc...Now I just have to find a way to keep hanging on just a little bit longer...

14-04-2012, 07:50 PM
(14-04-2012 06:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Can you recommend better movies to me than Netflix does?

Here are my main categories. Most of the time the categories can fit both TV and Movies.

But what do I like, I'm sure you're asking?

Sci-fi--think Blade-runner, BSG, Sliders, Gattaca, Alien

Fantasy--think Conan, Highlander, The 13th Warrior

Government conspiracy crap--JFK, Manchurian Candidate, Parallax View, Capricorn One

Comedies--The Hangover, Pineapple Express, Cheech and Chong, Big Bang Theory, Fast Times,

Documentaries--The King of Kong, Darkon, Monster Camp, The Inventions of Dr. Nakamats, Most Nat Geo and Cosmos docs

Music concerts--U2 Rattle and Hum, Iron Maiden Flight 666, Cheap Trick live at Buddakon.

Surviving the apocalypse--Terminator, I am Legend, Walking Dead, 12 Monkeys, Survivors (BBC Show)

Thrillers--Bourne Trilogy, The Italian Job, Ronin, Die Hard

Superheros--Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine

Come on you fucking atheists! Chop chop! I need some ideas before my wine and pills kick in and I can't reach the remote!

If you can get it on demand, Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy isn't bad if you like those books. On Netflix, I've been watching The Tudors, all about Henry Vee-Eye-Eye-Eye, (VIII). Kinda raw, but YOU won't mind that. Long though. Many seasons, and many episodes. Addicting.

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
[+] 1 user Likes San Onofre Surfer's post
14-04-2012, 07:55 PM
You could always take your wine, some chocolates, and a box of tissues...get comfy and watch a chick flick. Maybe Steel Magnolias or Beaches.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
14-04-2012, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 07:14 AM by Erxomai.)
(14-04-2012 07:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You could always take your wine, some chocolates, and a box of tissues...get comfy and watch a chick flick. Maybe Steel Magnolias or Beaches.
:-/Anj, if you had stopped with wine and chocolates, it sounded like a great evening. The rest...not so much ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favourite movie in Black and white? anotherother 67 2,664 06-07-2014 02:19 AM
Last Post: Audaz
  Do you love bad movie schlock? Then I have the YouTube series for you! EvolutionKills 0 53 09-06-2014 09:12 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  How do I watch the Unbelievers Movie online? Aman Amiri 10 44,999 27-05-2014 11:56 PM
Last Post: AstroCAR
  FOOD FIGHT IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Metazoa Zeke 20 357 08-05-2014 08:57 PM
Last Post: CleverUsername
  "Heaven is for Real" Movie QUELSQUELS 9 309 03-04-2014 10:46 PM
Last Post: LadyJane
  Teesside Tin Tin... The Movie Sam 0 76 29-03-2014 02:05 PM
Last Post: Sam
  What Is The Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen? southernbelle 36 487 24-03-2014 03:35 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai