What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: What movie will you recommend to Erxomai?
(15-04-2012 10:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Did you see them Wizards yet, preacher-man? Fucking netflix, been watching stoopidnatural there for the past week.

I have not. Is it good or are you just watching cuz you're on a meth bender and can't find your remote? Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-04-2012, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 12:15 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Hmm keep the suggestions to US releases?

Fantasy - Gotta say Willow =p it's still an 80's favorite but less known than labyrynth or legend.

Documentaries--Men With Guns, A mexican doctor decides to take a trip and visit some students of his from a poorer area of Mexico, as he journeys he learns the difficulties that exist for areas where the gorilla's and military frequent.
Spring and Chaosis an interesting anime documentary about a Japanese poet using an all cat cast. Another film about him is Night on the Galactic Railroada adaptation of one of his books.
Perfume is a great movie about a murderer with an extroardinary sense of smell.

Surviving the apocalypse-- Gotta go with The Stand by Steven King here, really enjoyed the mini series.

Maybe I'll add more later but that's a few =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
15-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
16-04-2012, 12:16 AM
The Rite
16-04-2012, 04:33 AM
(15-04-2012 10:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I have not. Is it good or are you just watching cuz you're on a meth bender and can't find your remote? Tongue

Eat a dick. Is that what I get for my sincerity in sharing the necessary link between chemical catalysts and religious experience, to be forever after accused of sucking the glass dick? Why, you can go to hollywood.

Now that the pseudo moral outrage is outta the way...

One of the best movies everz. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-04-2012, 08:46 AM
(16-04-2012 04:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  One of the best movies everz. Tongue
Cool vid, Doc HoC!

Lilith, those are great suggestions. Thanks. And no, I'm not limited to US releases.

Log, The Rite looks spooky good!

Rora...that's one of my favorites of all time! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Evil Dead
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Bubba Ho-Tep
The Big Levowski

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
16-04-2012, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 12:46 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Have you watched the cult classics The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Accross the 8th Dimension(1984) and Death Race 2000(1975)? Banzai is about a man who discovers a way to travel through dimensions and is tracked down by beings from that dimension, it's hilarious. Death Race is about a popular racer who has been in races where you score points by running over people it's another entertaining movie and it's where the whole 10 points for a pedestrian thing came from.

Ever watch Krull(1983)? A pretty interesting fantasy movie the likes of Conan

Of course if you want something funny you better have watched Porky's(1982) The first two movies are good, the third is not so good. It's one of the best crazy teenager movie sets out there. Plenty of movies were made to mimic it.

While we're talking comedies let's throw in Young Einstein(1989) a slapstick about einstein's youth except this time he comes from Tasmania.

I decided to start adding the years just to make sure you dont mix the films up.

Wizards was an interesting underground animation, but I prefer B.C. Rock(1984)

Some nice thriller anime series which came from books are Monster(2004) a doctor saves a small child instead of saving a hospital benefactor, and loses his job. The ownere of the hospital is shortly killed and after some investigating the doctor finds out that he saved the life of a horrible killer. He then takes off in search of the boy to end the life he once saved. One of my favorites of newer ones is Shiki(2010) it's about a small town in Japan where during an extremely hot summer a lot of deaths start to happen. The story is extremely engrossing.

If you want help finding a suggestion of mine I should be able to get you a way. Trying not to suggest things that are too mainstream as I'm sure you've seen your share.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
19-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Not exactly an atheist, so choices may seem rather lame.

Probably Not exactly your neck of the woods but:

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance (2012 Nicholas Cage....Idris Elba)
Unstoppable (2011 Denzel Washington...Chris Pine)
V- For Vendetta (2006 Natalie Portman....Hugo Weaving)
Man Of The Year (2006 Robin Williams)
Conspiracy Theory (1997 film, Mel Gibson...Julia Roberts)

Have not seen it yet but want to see:

Underworld:Awakening (2012 Kate Beckinsale)
Red Riding Hood

Do not watch a lot of films, and am not an atheist so my suggestions are going to likely be the equivalent of... What the....?

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
19-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Looking forward to the new Underworld myself.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favourite movie in Black and white? anotherother 67 2,624 06-07-2014 02:19 AM
Last Post: Audaz
  Do you love bad movie schlock? Then I have the YouTube series for you! EvolutionKills 0 49 09-06-2014 09:12 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  How do I watch the Unbelievers Movie online? Aman Amiri 10 44,810 27-05-2014 11:56 PM
Last Post: AstroCAR
  FOOD FIGHT IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Metazoa Zeke 20 335 08-05-2014 08:57 PM
Last Post: CleverUsername
  "Heaven is for Real" Movie QUELSQUELS 9 289 03-04-2014 10:46 PM
Last Post: LadyJane
  Teesside Tin Tin... The Movie Sam 0 72 29-03-2014 02:05 PM
Last Post: Sam
  What Is The Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen? southernbelle 36 482 24-03-2014 03:35 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai