• 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Music RE: What music do you listen to?
Part of my summer playlist. You may like it... You may not. Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 04:36 AM
RE: What music do you listen to?
With the huge metal focus have you heard Van Canto? I'm a big fan of A capella myself, and they really add an interesting mix to metal. The female singer also has a great voice. There's a real reason they've gained masters of metal awards.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-06-2011, 09:11 AM

I'm a really big progressive rock fan, listening to classic prog bands from 1969-1980; Genesis, King Crimson, Pink Floyd (obviously Tongue), Rush! (best of all) and the like, 1980s prog like IQ and 80s Crimson and also newer prog because the genre has been going through a huge revival since the www boom.

I also listen to some punk, although I stay well away from pop-punk and prefer '77 punk, hardcore punk or ska-punk. Bands include The Clash, The Stranglers, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Ska-p (crazy spanish band) and Rancid.

A few other nostalgic genres I have dug up from my early teen years but am currently re-listening to are britpop (Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene) and acoustic rock, mainly Billy Bragg and Frank Turner.

I'm currently listening to a fantastic symphonic prog album called Doomsday Afternoon by Phideaux Xavier Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2011, 02:53 AM
I've been putting on some rammstein lately. As loud as it goes. Mainly because my roommate puts on too much soft rock with lame singing/lyrics.

I dont restrict myself to one genre though. I like variety! As long as the music is decent quality I'm happy.
I have noticed a disturbing trend towards crappy music with autotuned singing in the commercial scene. 'artists' pay the right people and radio stations to say its popular and your singing career is set!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
25-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Tool.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
25-06-2011, 02:12 AM

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
28-06-2011, 05:37 AM

Tool
NIN
Muse
Radiohead
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Band of Skulls
The Dead Weathers