What musician, band, or song do you dislike?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
09-04-2014, 08:44 AM
What musician, band, or song do you dislike?
Got the idea from another thread. What musician, band, or song do you really, really dislike although it's really popular.

George Thorogood was mentioned on another thread...I do not like him or his music at all though he has been quite popular. I also simply do not get the appeal of Nirvana or Jimmy Buffet. The song "Free Bird" makes me wild-eyed and I scramble to turn off the radio if it comes on.

There are others...but...which do you not like and you feel like the odd man out about it?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-04-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: What musician, band, or song do you dislike?
Rap, pop and country.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 4 users Like Im_Ryan's post
09-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Nickleback
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
09-04-2014, 09:11 AM
(09-04-2014 09:08 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Nickleback

Haha! I actually am okay with them but do hear them bashed a good bit. Course I don't like them well enough to actually pay to hear their music...so there's that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-04-2014, 09:16 AM

I never understood why these guys are bashed so much. I mean they're not good, but they're not terrible...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
09-04-2014, 09:20 AM
(09-04-2014 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Got the idea from another thread. What musician, band, or song do you really, really dislike although it's really popular.

George Thorogood was mentioned on another thread...I do not like him or his music at all though he has been quite popular. I also simply do not get the appeal of Nirvana or Jimmy Buffet. The song "Free Bird" makes me wild-eyed and I scramble to turn off the radio if it comes on.

There are others...but...which do you not like and you feel like the odd man out about it?

Dodgy

Still thinking mean things about you for that. Hobo

I'm guilty of a few of these though, so I guess I should fess up.

All of mine are about the voice though.

AC/DC - CAN NOT STAND! Musically, I get it, but Brian Johnson's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Dave Matthews - I refuse to believe that anyone actually enjoys his singing. Again, musically great, but his voice is even more annoying that Johnson's.

The last two are kinda a combo one and the one I get the most hate from.

Bob Dylan/Janis Joplin - Seriously, how did either of these people ever get a music career. Dylan flat out can't sing. He can't carry a tune and his timing is terrible. Joplin sounded like someone playing tug-o-war with a cat vs a garbage disposal. I don't give a rats ass about their cultural influence or whatever, if you can't sing, you shouldn't be a singer.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-04-2014, 09:22 AM
(09-04-2014 09:16 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

I never understood why these guys are bashed so much. I mean they're not good, but they're not terrible...

Nickelback is the Led Zeppelin of this generation. They're kinda mediocre, but catchy, and all of their music sounds the same. Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-04-2014, 09:24 AM
(09-04-2014 09:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:16 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I never understood why these guys are bashed so much. I mean they're not good, but they're not terrible...

Nickelback is the Led Zeppelin of this generation. They're kinda mediocre, but catchy, and all of their music sounds the same. Dodgy

Eh. Not much of a fan of either, but I mean really? There's plenty of other bands more deserving of the ridicule Nickleback gets...

Atir aissom atir imon
09-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Haha!

I had to learn to like Dylan...it takes a while to get used to his phrasing. That said, the song I like most is "Lay, Lady, Lay" and that's the song where he uses 'normal' phrasing.

Joplin was a force for that time...I think it's the raw emotion that is the draw. She was a wild child of the 60s and one of the few women leading a rock group.

Guess being a child of that era makes it easier to understand.

09-04-2014, 09:26 AM
(09-04-2014 09:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:16 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I never understood why these guys are bashed so much. I mean they're not good, but they're not terrible...

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post