What musician, band, or song do you dislike?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
11-04-2014, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 07:18 AM by wazzel.)
RE: What musician, band, or song do you dislike?
(11-04-2014 06:45 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 05:35 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I've just never been a fan.

I am pretty impressed with the wonder years, the story so far, yellowcard and bowling for mother fucking soup being on the line up this year.

Shocking

I may have to buy tickets. I haven't seen BFS in a few years and the lineup is pretty decent for the Cleve this year.

I already have my tickets for the Houston Warped tour date. My two girls and I are going. They are going to pick the bands we watch.

If any of you end up at that show, let me know so I can say hi.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 07:40 AM
(11-04-2014 05:35 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 10:05 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I liked Sempiternal (BMTH) and Black Crown (SS) for the most part...other than that agreed. Hasn't been a good Warped Tour in a while now Confused

I've just never been a fan.

I am pretty impressed with the wonder years, the story so far, yellowcard and bowling for mother fucking soup being on the line up this year.

I'm still waiting for another Metalfest. Metalfest 6 in 2012 was the best concert I've ever been too. The only let down was Lucker died a month before...

Atir aissom atir imon
11-04-2014, 07:43 AM
(11-04-2014 07:13 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 06:45 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Shocking

I may have to buy tickets. I haven't seen BFS in a few years and the lineup is pretty decent for the Cleve this year.

I already have my tickets for the Houston Warped tour date. My two girls and I are going. They are going to pick the bands we watch.

If any of you end up at that show, let me know so I can say hi.

I only go to concerts in Cali, like in the LA, OC, San Diego, and Hollywood area.
If anyone goes to any metal concerts near there, hit me up Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
11-04-2014, 12:58 PM
I have a problem with singers who have annoying voices -- and therefore, I can't listen to Canned Heat or Rush or Styx or Guns and Roses. A little bit of AC/DC goes a long way, but their singer (Which one, by the way? Bon Scott and Brian Johnson are quite different) doesn't really bother me like the other ones I mentioned. "Back in Black" does have one of the all-time great guitar riffs. Bob Dylan's voice has not aged well, but I could listen to his 60s/70s stuff all day. No accounting for taste, I guess. I also like Tom Waits, despite his terrible voice. I guess a "gruff" voice doesn't bother me as much as a piercing shrieky voice.

I stopped listening to most pop/rock music some time in the 1980s, but I don't agree that pop music has gone down the tubes. My officemate listens to a variety of contemporary pop/rock radio stations (so I also listen to them, whether or not I want to), and I hear some crap and some great songs -- just like back when I was a kid. I didn't like everything on the radio back then, and I don't hate everything I hear now. There will always be some gold and some shit.

Led Zeppelin, strangely enough, didn't do that much for me back in the day, but the older I get, the more I like them. Perversely, I like their ballads the best. I could listen to "Goin' to California" or "Over the Hills and Far Away" or "The Rain Song" all day long. But "Good Times Bad Times" kicks ass too.
11-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Grasshopper, I think you'd like this one then.

and a fav of mine

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
11-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Hmmm, I can't see videos at work, so I have no idea what those are. I will have to check them when I get home tonight.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
11-04-2014, 01:53 PM
My MOTHER, and I think this has everything to do with it, hated what she called noise, all music and children's voices. This was not her fault really--diagnosed with an Autism disorder much later in life--but explains the no music or noise rule in my home.

I believe as a result of my home structure, I care little for most music. I do however like opera, classical music, and Celtic music. That is it!

Just about everything else drives me crazy, jittery.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
11-04-2014, 03:20 PM
(10-04-2014 03:13 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 02:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Whiny faggot bands like Asking Alexandria, Bring Me the Horizon, Black Veil Brides, Suicide Silence, Escape the Fate, Falling in Reverse, Attack Attack, Bullet for my Valentine- I could make a novel out of the fucking list. I'm tired of Warped Tour being dominated and fucked in the ass by retarded sceenie weenie bands and junior high emo girls with teased hair and Blood on the Dancefloor T-shirts. I will fucking make a pentagram out of my own blood and give my soul to Satan the day that all of that shit dies out, and I will be fucking happy about it god dammit.

Also, the song Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. I've never heard anything more revolting and horrendous in my life.

Dude, I figured you might get a kick out of this, but you remember the character OG Loc from GTA: San Andreas? That's what pops into my head whenever I hear Fred Durst speak Laugh out load

OG Loc/Durst -- "I'm gangsta, baby"
CJ/Me -----------"Yeah, aw ight Dodgy "

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-04-2014, 03:54 PM
(11-04-2014 03:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:13 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

Dude, I figured you might get a kick out of this, but you remember the character OG Loc from GTA: San Andreas? That's what pops into my head whenever I hear Fred Durst speak Laugh out load

OG Loc/Durst -- "I'm gangsta, baby"
CJ/Me -----------"Yeah, aw ight Dodgy "

Perfect comparison

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
12-04-2014, 04:45 AM
(10-04-2014 10:22 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Guns And Roses... Axl Rose is up himself and a gobshite.

U2... Bono is up himself and a gobshite.

Rod Stewart... is up himself and a gobshite.

Bruce Springsteen... Up himself.

Bob Dylan... Up himself.

Aerosmith... Steven Tyler is up himself.

Iron Maiden... Bruce Dickinson is up himself.

Primal Scream... Bobby Gillespie is up himself and a gobshite.

Oasis... Noel and Liam Gallagher are up themselves and gobshites.

The Sex Pistols... Johnny Rotten is a gobshite.

The Smiths... Words cannot express how far up himself Morrissey is, and what an epic gobshite he is.

Out of all of these, Bono is the worst, IMO.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post