What musician, band, or song do you dislike?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-04-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: What musician, band, or song do you dislike?
I liked some of the Beatles stuff over the years but they are far from my favorite band. I did like the way they changed their music over time. The band I get beat up over is the Rolling Stones. They have had a couple songs that I like. The only reason I ever owned an album is because someone gave it to me.

Maybe it's because they were overplayed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 02:40 PM
(17-04-2014 06:33 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  they're really light and cheerful and '60s pop-rock and I just can't dig it.

Not of all it...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
28-04-2014, 04:31 AM
(17-04-2014 07:48 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 06:33 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The Beatles.

I've been told that I "know nothing about music" because I don't like them. My knowledge of music has fuck-all to do with personal taste, but hey, people are stupid. Anyway, I've never liked them, and pretty much everyone I've spoken to about it has been shocked. "*GASP* How can you not like The Beatles???" Well, they're really light and cheerful and '60s pop-rock and I just can't dig it.

It would probably end there, but because everyone from old girlfriends to random people I don't even know tells me that they're "the greatest band in history" and berates me because I don't like them, I just kind of pushed back out of spite and decided that I pretty much hate them.

I too share in your opinion that the Beatles suck.

Overrated English boy band if you ask me Smartass
I think the Beatles are overrated in most ways, their effect on popular music is undeniable, though.
28-04-2014, 07:11 AM
(09-04-2014 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Got the idea from another thread. What musician, band, or song do you really, really dislike although it's really popular.

George Thorogood was mentioned on another thread...I do not like him or his music at all though he has been quite popular. I also simply do not get the appeal of Nirvana or Jimmy Buffet. The song "Free Bird" makes me wild-eyed and I scramble to turn off the radio if it comes on.

There are others...but...which do you not like and you feel like the odd man out about it?

I'm not comfortable with being a "generalist" . . . in general . . . but in this case, I think it's ok.
I cannot abide and will not listen to any "music" that bears the label "rap", "hip-hop", or "country".
It's that simple.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes RaisdCath's post
28-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Outside of a couple of songs, I have an active dislike for the Rolling Stones.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
30-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Anybody remember that clown Rick Astley. Yeah, I just want to punch him in the face...
30-04-2014, 10:09 AM
(30-04-2014 10:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Anybody remember that clown Rick Astley. Yeah, I just want to punch him in the face...

Why? He'd never hurt you. Among other things.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
30-04-2014, 10:13 AM
As far as I'm concerned , Ted Nugent can fuck off anytime now. Friggen idiot ! Angry

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
30-04-2014, 10:30 AM
(30-04-2014 10:13 AM)War Horse Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned , Ted Nugent can fuck off anytime now. Friggen idiot ! Angry

But he is fun to watch in concert!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-04-2014, 10:33 AM
(30-04-2014 10:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 10:13 AM)War Horse Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned , Ted Nugent can fuck off anytime now. Friggen idiot ! Angry

But he is fun to watch in concert!

Yup, I'll grant you that, I did go to see him in the 70s, and he put on a good show.

I even liked most of his music, but I cant stand the man himself.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post