What musician, band, or song do you dislike?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
09-04-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: What musician, band, or song do you dislike?
(09-04-2014 09:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Nickelback is the Led Zeppelin of this generation. They're kinda mediocre, but catchy, and all of their music sounds the same. Dodgy

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they're not mediocre Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 09:36 AM
(09-04-2014 09:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Nickelback is the Led Zeppelin of this generation. They're kinda mediocre, but catchy, and all of their music sounds the same. Dodgy

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I don't hate them and actually enjoy a few of their songs. They're just not really all that special, especially considering the other acts that were around during the same time.

Mostly my Zeppelin hate comes from a friend who insists that "DUDE! They're the best musicians that have ever musiced, man. They're, like, totally amazing and no one even comes close." No

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-04-2014, 09:41 AM
(09-04-2014 09:36 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I don't hate them and actually enjoy a few of their songs. They're just not really all that special, especially considering the other acts that were around during the same time.

Mostly my Zeppelin hate comes from a friend who insists that "DUDE! They're the best musicians that have ever musiced, man. They're, like, totally amazing and no one even comes close." No

To really appreciate Zep, you have to get into the deep cuts.

Stairway to Heaven kinda makes me gag...overplayed, since forever ago.
I have all their stuff...I get into Zep moods. Kashmir is always a favorite of mine. The songs that made the radio aren't their best work, in my opinion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-04-2014, 09:48 AM
(09-04-2014 09:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:36 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Haha, I don't hate them and actually enjoy a few of their songs. They're just not really all that special, especially considering the other acts that were around during the same time.

To really appreciate Zep, you have to get into the deep cuts.

I have all their stuff...I get into Zep moods. Kashmir is always a favorite of mine. The songs that made the radio aren't their best work, in my opinion.

Oh, I've heard every single one of their songs about 1000 times. Not even joking. That same friend I spoke of also used to be my boss and he had their entire discography in a cd changer in the store. Everyone else was allowed to bring in one CD for the changer and it had to be approved by him. Dodgy We listened to a LOT of Zep.

I probably wouldn't have as much hate towards them if not for that, but I stand by my assertion that they are a formulaic band who has very little variation to their songs.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-04-2014, 09:54 AM
(09-04-2014 09:48 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  To really appreciate Zep, you have to get into the deep cuts.

Oh, I've heard every single one of their songs about 1000 times. Not even joking. That same friend I spoke of also used to be my boss and he had their entire discography in a cd changer in the store. Everyone else was allowed to bring in one CD for the changer and it had to be approved by him. Dodgy We listened to a LOT of Zep.

I probably wouldn't have as much hate towards them if not for that, but I stand by my assertion that they are a formulaic band who has very little variation to their songs.

Even really good stuff can become tiring when it's overplayed. I agree with that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-04-2014, 09:57 AM
I feel this picture is appropriate:

[Image: differences-between-music-genres_o_1044575.jpg]

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 12 users Like Im_Ryan's post
09-04-2014, 10:12 AM
(09-04-2014 09:22 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:16 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I never understood why these guys are bashed so much. I mean they're not good, but they're not terrible...

Nickelback is the Led Zeppelin of this generation. They're kinda mediocre, but catchy, and all of their music sounds the same. Dodgy

Well, I could have gone with something obvious, like the Biebs, but I actually like one of his songs (If I was your Boyfriend). Nickleback grates on me like nails on a chalkboard for some reason. I'm sure the band is nice, happy for their success and all (and feel bad every time the news of Chad's faux death goes viral), but nope- that band I can't enjoy or even pleasantly ignore. Sad
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
09-04-2014, 02:24 PM
This is simple for me. I dispise any pop-music that is made after year 2000; that's when talentless fucks like Jay-Z ruined the ideal for good pop. Rap (atleast the popluar kind) stopped being good around the same time. Hip-hop these days is worthless junk too.

Not to the more heavy stuff: I don't really dislike all rock music these days. I don't dislike the Killers or Coldplay; they are just there. Nickelback has made the same stupid stuff for ten years without any new ideas, so they are just boring.

I hate Punk-Rock and it's more annoying cousin College-rock (that is hopefully dead). The whole key around original Punk is that the repedative riffs and sometimes lyrics was so fucking fast and aggressive that you didn't give fuck, it was fun to listen to. Punk-Rock doesn't share these traits and therefore end up as a poor attempt to recreate the same fuel, and they DO NOT belong alongside the orginal Punk bands.

As for Metal, I'm sorry Ryan, I respect what you listen to, but I hate MetalCore with a passion. The songs are INFECTED with boring breakdowns that Pantera and Machine Head, the creators of slow breakdowns would laugh at. The drumming is lazy, doesn't have any tasty fills and has an overusage of short double-bass bursts, especially during the breakdowns themselves. The lyrics are very often crap, and regard too much around broken teenage relationships; that is NOT METAL. Neither are the vocals, who overuse splicing of screamo and pop-rock vocals. And of course, NO SOLOS?!! What is this, St. Anger? I might be very wrong on a lot here since I haven't heard what MetalCore has been up to over the 2010's, but a lot needs to change for me to like their music. The only band that I respect and actually like in the MetalCore genre is one if it's orginial founders, Killswitch Engage. As artists, they know what they are doing. Howard and Jesse are some of the best vocalists I have heard from the bands that started around the late 90's, and that says a lot; to stand alongside people like Serj Tankian. I saw them live two years ago, and they played Holy Diver as a tribute to Dio. That was awesome.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
09-04-2014, 02:43 PM
I don't understand how one can dismiss a whole genre. I could probably find a good song in every genre in the world.

When I decide I don't like an artist, it's definitely not because of the genre.

(09-04-2014 02:24 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  This is simple for me. I dispise any pop-music that is made after year 2000; that's when talentless fucks like Jay-Z ruined the ideal for good pop. Rap (atleast the popluar kind) stopped being good around the same time. Hip-hop these days is worthless junk too.

I believe there is good pop music still out there. Lady Gaga has made some decent steps towards that. And we probably think that pop music before 2000 was better because we actually grew up in the 90s.

In both pop and hip hop, you might be overlooking some really good underground or unknown artists. Hip hop is quite strong in Greece.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
09-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Stairway to Heaven

Hotel California.

Overplayed and boring.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post