What musician, band, or song do you dislike?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
09-04-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: What musician, band, or song do you dislike?
(09-04-2014 02:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Stairway to Heaven

Hotel California.

Overplayed and boring.

Add Nothing Else Matters to that list too.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
09-04-2014, 02:53 PM
(09-04-2014 02:43 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  In both pop and hip hop, you might be overlooking some really good underground or unknown artists. Hip hop is quite strong in Greece.

Good for Greece, 'cause the poor attempts at Hip-Hop up here in north is bad enough to make me wanna punch myself in the balls. Then again, Hip-Hop has never been my call. Why Hip-Hop sucks in say the USA these days is because of the lack of original effort; back in the day, creating a beat from another famous song was okay because they put effort into ripping others off. They don't do that anymore, just watch this: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videoli...l-by-jay-z

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
09-04-2014, 03:02 PM
(09-04-2014 02:53 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Good for Greece, 'cause the poor attempts at Hip-Hop up here in north is bad enough to make me wanna punch myself in the balls. Then again, Hip-Hop has never been my call. Why Hip-Hop sucks in say the USA these days is because of the lack of original effort; back in the day, creating a beat from another famous song was okay because they put effort into ripping others off. They don't do that anymore, just watch this: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videoli...l-by-jay-z

To be fair, there's really bad hip hop here too. At least the famous artists. But there's a huge underground scene, so talented, and with lyrics that Jay-Z couldn't even dream of.

Many of my current favorite artists right now are Greek underground bands. Rock, metal, jazz, you name it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
09-04-2014, 04:48 PM
(09-04-2014 02:24 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  This is simple for me. I dispise any pop-music that is made after year 2000; that's when talentless fucks like Jay-Z ruined the ideal for good pop. Rap (atleast the popluar kind) stopped being good around the same time. Hip-hop these days is worthless junk too.

Not to the more heavy stuff: I don't really dislike all rock music these days. I don't dislike the Killers or Coldplay; they are just there. Nickelback has made the same stupid stuff for ten years without any new ideas, so they are just boring.

I hate Punk-Rock and it's more annoying cousin College-rock (that is hopefully dead). The whole key around original Punk is that the repedative riffs and sometimes lyrics was so fucking fast and aggressive that you didn't give fuck, it was fun to listen to. Punk-Rock doesn't share these traits and therefore end up as a poor attempt to recreate the same fuel, and they DO NOT belong alongside the orginal Punk bands.

As for Metal, I'm sorry Ryan, I respect what you listen to, but I hate MetalCore with a passion. The songs are INFECTED with boring breakdowns that Pantera and Machine Head, the creators of slow breakdowns would laugh at. The drumming is lazy, doesn't have any tasty fills and has an overusage of short double-bass bursts, especially during the breakdowns themselves. The lyrics are very often crap, and regard too much around broken teenage relationships; that is NOT METAL. Neither are the vocals, who overuse splicing of screamo and pop-rock vocals. And of course, NO SOLOS?!! What is this, St. Anger? I might be very wrong on a lot here since I haven't heard what MetalCore has been up to over the 2010's, but a lot needs to change for me to like their music. The only band that I respect and actually like in the MetalCore genre is one if it's orginial founders, Killswitch Engage. As artists, they know what they are doing. Howard and Jesse are some of the best vocalists I have heard from the bands that started around the late 90's, and that says a lot; to stand alongside people like Serj Tankian. I saw them live two years ago, and they played Holy Diver as a tribute to Dio. That was awesome.

Why are you sorry? I agree with everything you said (pretty much). Also, KSE is fucking amazing and one of my favorite bands (although a bit ironic, KSE has a lot of break up songs). I don't listen to Asking Alexandria, Peirce the Veil, Black Veil Brides, new Of Mice & Men, etc because of all the whiny shit.
My favorite bands are Parkway Drive, Killswitch Engage, original Of Mice & Men and Slipknot.

Also, for your punk review, I would suggest looking up Stick to Your Guns. The lyrics and message behind that band is amazing. They are one of the few bands that stand for what they believe in and I have the highest respect for them.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
09-04-2014, 05:09 PM
(09-04-2014 04:48 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 02:24 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  This is simple for me. I dispise any pop-music that is made after year 2000; that's when talentless fucks like Jay-Z ruined the ideal for good pop. Rap (atleast the popluar kind) stopped being good around the same time. Hip-hop these days is worthless junk too.

Not to the more heavy stuff: I don't really dislike all rock music these days. I don't dislike the Killers or Coldplay; they are just there. Nickelback has made the same stupid stuff for ten years without any new ideas, so they are just boring.

I hate Punk-Rock and it's more annoying cousin College-rock (that is hopefully dead). The whole key around original Punk is that the repedative riffs and sometimes lyrics was so fucking fast and aggressive that you didn't give fuck, it was fun to listen to. Punk-Rock doesn't share these traits and therefore end up as a poor attempt to recreate the same fuel, and they DO NOT belong alongside the orginal Punk bands.

As for Metal, I'm sorry Ryan, I respect what you listen to, but I hate MetalCore with a passion. The songs are INFECTED with boring breakdowns that Pantera and Machine Head, the creators of slow breakdowns would laugh at. The drumming is lazy, doesn't have any tasty fills and has an overusage of short double-bass bursts, especially during the breakdowns themselves. The lyrics are very often crap, and regard too much around broken teenage relationships; that is NOT METAL. Neither are the vocals, who overuse splicing of screamo and pop-rock vocals. And of course, NO SOLOS?!! What is this, St. Anger? I might be very wrong on a lot here since I haven't heard what MetalCore has been up to over the 2010's, but a lot needs to change for me to like their music. The only band that I respect and actually like in the MetalCore genre is one if it's orginial founders, Killswitch Engage. As artists, they know what they are doing. Howard and Jesse are some of the best vocalists I have heard from the bands that started around the late 90's, and that says a lot; to stand alongside people like Serj Tankian. I saw them live two years ago, and they played Holy Diver as a tribute to Dio. That was awesome.

Why are you sorry? I agree with everything you said (pretty much). Also, KSE is fucking amazing and one of my favorite bands (although a bit ironic, KSE has a lot of break up songs). I don't listen to Asking Alexandria, Peirce the Veil, Black Veil Brides, new Of Mice & Men, etc because of all the whiny shit.
My favorite bands are Parkway Drive, Killswitch Engage, original Of Mice & Men and Slipknot.

Also, for your punk review, I would suggest looking up Stick to Your Guns. The lyrics and message behind that band is amazing. They are one of the few bands that stand for what they believe in and I have the highest respect for them.

You have excellent taste in music. Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 05:21 PM
I loathe George Thorogood too!

Johnny Mathis sends me into a murderous rage.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
09-04-2014, 05:31 PM
(09-04-2014 05:09 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 04:48 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Why are you sorry? I agree with everything you said (pretty much). Also, KSE is fucking amazing and one of my favorite bands (although a bit ironic, KSE has a lot of break up songs). I don't listen to Asking Alexandria, Peirce the Veil, Black Veil Brides, new Of Mice & Men, etc because of all the whiny shit.

You have excellent taste in music. Thumbsup

Why thank you kind sir Big Grin

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
09-04-2014, 06:05 PM
(09-04-2014 09:20 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  AC/DC - CAN NOT STAND! Musically, I get it, but Brian Johnson's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

THIS!!!!!!! Bowing I feel the same way about Ozzy's voice as well Hobo

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-04-2014, 06:09 PM
You're a musician right?

You would do well to change your attitude quick smart. If you do not like a style of music, study it.

Notes on a page young drummer. It is all music and there is a world wide market. Lots of rap uses grooves by Mike Clark, Jabo and Clyde.

I play everything.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-04-2014, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 06:18 PM by Banjo.)
Elk. I reread your post. You ONLY mention pop music. All of that is pop music. Metalica sounds like Kylie Minogue to my ears. It is all pop.

Professionals do not speak as you do. Every band you mention is a top act. Listen and learn. You want to be taken seriously, do not speak of music like some high school kid.

I take students to task who speak as you do. Have some respect. It will help your career. Pros remember those types of comments and if you fail in the slightest you will never live it down and never get a recommendation.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.