What negative experiences have you had with Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 02:07 AM
RE: What negative experiences have you had with Christians?
(07-02-2016 10:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 10:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Whoa, Pops is an attempted murderer?

Dude.

Yeah...that came out a while back.

This I gotta hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 07:05 AM by popsthebuilder.)
(07-02-2016 10:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Whoa, Pops is an attempted murderer?

Dude.
No. I'm not an attempted murderer. I never actually tried to kill anyone, but I did come really close to attempting it. It was a bad time in my life. Technically, attempted murder is physically trying to kill someone, and though I may have chased this particular individual around her car methodically, in the end, instead of choking the life out of her, or even trying, I gave her her keys and walked away.

But yeah, I probably would have ended up doing it at a later date if I hadn't actually been saved.

People always say you don't need God to act right. And I can understand that. But in my particular case, it was and is needed. I have problems with authority and when I go to jail for old traffic shit, I pretty much demand a bible. And yes, the bible keeps me cool headed and keeps things in perspective for me. Confined spaces bother me as well. Not claustrophobic but close I guess.

Back to the point; there is a narrow difference in fantasizing or thinking of killing someone, and actually attempting to commit the crime. If you don't think it, then you would never do it. People call it thought crime I think, and act like there is nothing wrong with it, but that's not the case.

I am quite different than I was before God found me, and thankfully so. Still can get pretty angry for short periods, but it doesn't consume me anymore, and I can notice it now and act to change it.

Peace
08-02-2016, 07:03 AM
(07-02-2016 10:38 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 10:31 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not here for companionship. Thanks for the concern though.

Didn't get mad at either one of them and can freely retaliate against either for there derogatory remarks in the past or currently.
You really think it's okay to "retaliate" against one for what the other did, just because the other has said something in the past? I'm doubting your so called morals if that's the case. But I guess you don't really care much.
No, I didn't say that. I retaliate towards whoever is negative, and often, not even then. Past that I try to act as if everyone has a clean slate on each new op, and don't hold grudges.

I did confuse two users, but didn't say or do anything that was unwarranted except bring up some shit the other had said. No, it is not cool to act a certain way towards a group for the actions of a single person. And me confusing the two wasn't to spiffy either.
08-02-2016, 08:00 AM
(06-02-2016 07:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 03:05 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Exactly what context gives it that meaning? You appear to be reading more into it than is there, which is not at all surprising.
2 Corinthians 6 (KJV) - 2ይ ቆረንቶስ
1: We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

Where did you learn those gymnastics? Nothing in that chapter even implies that and it even actually goes against the Great Commission since how can one minister to the filth if they will not be yoked by them at any time? This, in a section allegedly about idolatry.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
08-02-2016, 08:04 AM
(08-02-2016 06:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Dude.
No. I'm not an attempted murderer. I never actually tried to kill anyone, but I did come really close to attempting it. It was a bad time in my life. Technically, attempted murder is physically trying to kill someone, and though I may have chased this particular individual around her car methodically, in the end, instead of choking the life out of her, or even trying, I gave her her keys and walked away.

But yeah, I probably would have ended up doing it at a later date if I hadn't actually been saved.

I am pretty sure that seriously plotting to kill someone also counts as attempted murder. Intent does count.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/res...murder.htm
http://www.attorneys.com/homicide/attemp...penalties/
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/ar...wyers.html

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
08-02-2016, 08:08 AM
(08-02-2016 08:04 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. I'm not an attempted murderer. I never actually tried to kill anyone, but I did come really close to attempting it. It was a bad time in my life. Technically, attempted murder is physically trying to kill someone, and though I may have chased this particular individual around her car methodically, in the end, instead of choking the life out of her, or even trying, I gave her her keys and walked away.

I am pretty sure that seriously plotting to kill someone also counts as attempted murder. Intent does count.

No crime is committed in contemplation. It's the action that is illegal.
08-02-2016, 08:16 AM
(08-02-2016 08:08 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 08:04 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I am pretty sure that seriously plotting to kill someone also counts as attempted murder. Intent does count.

Ummmm........no.
Hiring a hitman is illegal.
Possession with INTENT to sell is a crime.
Plotting to kill someone is a crime.
Conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime.

Interesting that this is coming from someone who follows a book that says that thinking about killing someone is just as bad as actually killing them. While I agree with you that it isn't a crime to think about it, the intent comes in when one is actively planning it.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
08-02-2016, 08:27 AM
(08-02-2016 08:16 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 08:08 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No crime is committed in contemplation. It's the action that is illegal.

Ummmm........no.
Hiring a hitman is illegal.
Possession with INTENT to sell is a crime.
Plotting to kill someone is a crime.
Conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime.

Interesting that this is coming from someone who follows a book that says that thinking about killing someone is just as bad as actually killing them. While I agree with you that it isn't a crime to think about it, the intent comes in when one is actively planning it.
I agree. But didn't plot to kill anyone, or hire a hit man. It was passion driven and only a thought. But yea the thought could have lead to a murder. However it did not.
08-02-2016, 08:28 AM
(08-02-2016 08:08 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 08:04 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I am pretty sure that seriously plotting to kill someone also counts as attempted murder. Intent does count.

"and though I may have chased this particular individual around her car methodically, in the end, instead of choking the life out of her, or even trying, I gave her her keys and walked away"

You did more than think about it; you acted.

"I have problems with authority and when I go to jail for old traffic shit..."

It sounds like you have some pretty severe anger management issues if nothing else. You need help pops, get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-02-2016, 08:30 AM
(08-02-2016 08:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I agree. But didn't plot to kill anyone, or hire a hit man. It was passion driven and only a thought. But yea the thought could have lead to a murder. However it did not.

According to Jesus though what you did was equatable to murder. Luckily for you there is no accountability since you can be forgiven for anything.

- Paul Dirac