What negative experiences have you had with Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: What negative experiences have you had with Christians?
(08-02-2016 09:31 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 09:12 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  By the way. Going off on someone verbally over the internet is not a fit of uncontrolled rage. It's words typed.

Ummmm, no. It is an expression of uncontrolled rage. Depending on what words you type it can be harmless, a misdemeanor or even a felony.

I'm a little curious.
You admit to major memory problems and admit that you don't even think of us as individuals, rather as a "whole".
You admit to committing attempted murder (a felony last time I checked) and being incarcerated multiple times for multiple issues.
You admit to anger being the driving, most potent factor in your life.
You admit that anger has controlled you in the past and led to multiple criminal acts.
You admit that you can still tap into that anger when provoked.
You admit that the only reason you haven't murdered someone is because of your new-found faith. Your faith in a malicious, genocidal, bloody god. A god who people kill for on an hourly basis.
You clearly exhibit misogynist behaviors, both online and in real life.

I'm curious. Why haven't you been banned yet?

Come on people, let's be a little more self-reflective. I've seen numerous times where atheists on this blog have gone off on someone verbally. If that's considered an expression of uncontrolled rage that warrants banning from this forum, then there are quite of few others who should be banned as well.

I respect Pops for his openness about his past, and his confession that he struggles with these same issues to this day. He's explained that this is a big part of why he turned to Christianity. We should argue against that line of reasoning, but let's stop the personal attacks.

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like mgoering's post
08-02-2016, 11:05 AM
(08-02-2016 09:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 09:38 AM)natachan Wrote:  I'm getting somewhat worried.

You ADMIT you intended to hurt someone, perhaps kill them. You ADMIT to taking action in that regard. You ADMIT that you have been violent and that you have trouble controlling yourself.

I am deeply concerned by this.

Ignoring the legal issues of attempted murder (by the way, this can't be shaken off by saying "no one was hurt", legally the label still sticks) this shows a real problem with anger.It shows a need for counseling at the very least. A claim of being saved by Jesus doesn't help, real intervention is needed.

I am also somewhat irritated as many others are of the dismissal of us as individuals but just of seeing us as a whole. That shows a level of callousness that is astounding, if not outright bigotry.
How is that bigotry? I generally look at things from an outside or large inclusive perspective. It's not bigotry. You can be worried all you want. It doesn't change anything. You, like others here, take what I say and twist it up into something different. If I commuted a crime and admitted it here then have me arrested. Otherwise stop adjusting what I say to fit our little mold. Again similar to most here so why is it wrong for me to categorize you with the whole? Are you not part of this group. Are all men and women not part of humanity? Be offended after you change from the mold you have made yourself. Of course if you did that then you wouldn't be part of the herd in he first place now would you?

Thinking atheist my Ass.

More like herd against religion or anyone or thing that represents it without any individual thought at all, but just herd mentality.

I was a thinking atheist. It eventually brought forth actual useful conclusions instead of hate mongering all while pretending some one else is being hateful.

Peace

Why are you even here? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2016, 11:56 AM
(08-02-2016 09:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If the person never saw themself as a victim of a crime them who are you to claim such going off of my account?

She may have laughed it off but based on your description of the event and your thoughts at the time you committed assault. That's pretty plain to see. The fact that she did not press charges was her choice but does not change the conclusion.

Quote:I got "help" before. I'd rather be dead than an fn zombie. Your "help" only hinders. I tried it years ago. I went to a state mental health clinic and was diagnosed erg generalized anxiety disorder and depression in one visit. I do not deny that I had a problem with anger at one point, but it was caused by certain events. The "medicines" only made me not care about anything at all, and caused restless leg syndrome, which is freakin aggravating.

I said that I think you need help; I did not say that I thought you needed to be medicated. The fact that professionals did says something though. The point is that if you didn't like what they proposed you should have sought other opinions because it is crystal clear from your entire posting history that you need help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-02-2016, 06:32 PM
(08-02-2016 10:09 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 09:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Uncontrolled rage would not allow one to type as that takes some level of control.
No, uncontrolled is when you're acting without thinking clearly. You are splitting hairs to justify or condone your actions.

(08-02-2016 09:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have short term memory problems. What does that have to do with being banned? There are some here that act differently than the rest, but most of you fit nicely into a singular defensive, offending mold.
By itself, memory issues do not. But when you can't differentiate posts made within 24 hours, and worse don't see a problem with it, and worse have anger issues, then it's a problem.

(08-02-2016 09:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Didn't attempt murder. That would entail actually trying and failing. I did neither so stop stretching the truth.
Sigh.
(08-02-2016 06:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. I'm not an attempted murderer. I never actually tried to kill anyone, but I did come really close to attempting it. It was a bad time in my life. Technically, attempted murder is physically trying to kill someone, and though I may have chased this particular individual around her car methodically, in the end, instead of choking the life out of her, or even trying, I gave her her keys and walked away.

But yeah, I probably would have ended up doing it at a later date if I hadn't actually been saved.
Is it a stretch to call it attempted murder? Possibly. However considering that you clearly detailed your thought processes (or lack of) and indicated that you likely would have done it in the future. You were in fact, taking action by chasing someone. Sounds close enough for me.

(08-02-2016 09:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never ever said I was incarcerated for multiple issues. It has always been traffic laws and things resulting from those traffic laws. So again stop assuming and stretching. Also, what does that have to do with my bannishment?
Do you not understand that we can quote your own posts? Has that not filtered in yet?
(08-02-2016 06:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have problems with authority and when I go to jail for old traffic shit, I pretty much demand a bible.
"When" implies plural. Plural is multiple. By definition.

(08-02-2016 09:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, I admitted that anger used to be a big part of my life and that it can still surface as it can in anyone. So what does that have to do with my being banned?
I honestly think that I am not required to explain that. If you can't figure that one out on your own, I can't help you.

(08-02-2016 09:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not in any way exude misogynist behavior, and of all the things you lie about in reference to me, that one is offensive. So points for you I guess. Still doesn't make it true.
I hold all as equals and always have even before. So your lying even more.
The posters who brought up the issue quoted enough to prove the point. Again, your posts are here, archived and retrievable.

(08-02-2016 09:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why aren't you bannd for lying about people based on your own twisted little perception?
I would be happy to discuss any post I have made with any of the mods, at their convenience.
You can quote whatever you want. I'm not sexist, and have only ever gone to jail for traffic violations or related. What are you even getting at at this point. You don't like me, or my honesty so I need to be banned?
08-02-2016, 06:49 PM
(08-02-2016 09:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Anger is a part of who I am. Much less now, but still present given the right stimuli.

I cannot be angered. I will not allow it. I don't like me when I'm angry.

(08-02-2016 09:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I got "help" before. I'd rather be dead than an fn zombie. Your "help" only hinders. I tried it years ago. I went to a state mental health clinic and was diagnosed erg generalized anxiety disorder and depression in one visit. I do not deny that I had a problem with anger at one point, but it was caused by certain events. The "medicines" only made me not care about anything at all, and caused restless leg syndrome, which is freakin aggravating.

Hey if God does for you what Seroquel and Wellbutrin do for me, more power to you.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-02-2016, 07:01 PM
(08-02-2016 10:22 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Pops,

I don’t think you’re an attempted murder. I don’t want to trivialize thoughts of murdering someone, but I think what you really have is a problem with anger that you’ve been trying to manage as best you can. Becoming so enraged that you consider murder as a possible recourse –and then reconsidering it immediately after- is not the same as making actual plans to carry out your idea. Short of your confession, no one can prove what you did or didn't think.

But Pops, if you have these thoughts, it would be in your best interest to see a counselor. –Even a Christian counselor. What happens if you’re in this situation again? What if the circumstances are so extreme that you’re unable to turn the other cheek? You need the skills to deal with your anger so you don’t hurt anyone or end up with a life-long prison sentence. Get these skills from a trained professional.
It was a one time thing over five years ago. I do not have anger issues anymore and haven't for over five years. I might get activated sometimes, or even offended. But it's not even comparable to what I had felt that one time. Really it wasn't exactly anger that was the motivator anyway.

It's understandable how some keep trying to equate a past state to how I am now, but it really is different. A lot different. I don't expect any here to just take my word for it because of your dispositions, but when I say my hatred, and pain and burden was lifted, it was. You can call it whatever you want, but it changed me wholly.

Most would probably think that one can't do that without drugs of some sort, but it happened to me.

Admittedly, I put myself in high stress situations here and am in a pissy mood sometimes, but that isn't anything that bothers me. I used to be in a completely different state. Now I go out of my way not to hurt a fly, literally. I can say something hurtful things at times, but generally apologize soon after. And that just isn't the same as waking with anger and hatred.

Peace
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
08-02-2016, 07:05 PM
(08-02-2016 07:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's understandable how some keep trying to equate a past state to how I am now, but it really is different. A lot different. I don't expect any here to just take my word for it because of your dispositions, but when I say my hatred, and pain and burden was lifted, it was. You can call it whatever you want, but it changed me wholly.

Most would probably think that one can't do that without drugs of some sort, but it happened to me.

Your brain, and its instinct for self-preservation, was the drug.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-02-2016, 07:09 PM
(08-02-2016 10:29 AM)natachan Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 09:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How is that bigotry? I generally look at things from an outside or large inclusive perspective. It's not bigotry. You can be worried all you want. It doesn't change anything. You, like others here, take what I say and twist it up into something different. If I commuted a crime and admitted it here then have me arrested. Otherwise stop adjusting what I say to fit our little mold. Again similar to most here so why is it wrong for me to categorize you with the whole? Are you not part of this group. Are all men and women not part of humanity? Be offended after you change from the mold you have made yourself. Of course if you did that then you wouldn't be part of the herd in he first place now would you?

Thinking atheist my Ass.

More like herd against religion or anyone or thing that represents it without any individual thought at all, but just herd mentality.

I was a thinking atheist. It eventually brought forth actual useful conclusions instead of hate mongering all while pretending some one else is being hateful.

Peace

*sigh*

You have no ideas about my or anyone else's views of religion and simply want to lump us all together as a "herd against religion or anyone or thing that represents it." You haven't read ANY of the posts offered by anyone here ABOUT there views on religion or religious people. You just make an base generalization to support your own preconceptions. That's bigotry. Our views vary wildly, but admitting that would take away from your perception.

I have twisted nothing you have said. You don't like what you said and its implications. You committed a crime, by definition. The fact that it was not reported and the victim doesn't wish to press charges is immaterial to that fact, except that it means that you got away with it.

And if you think you have a good reason to be a theist, present your case. Define your god and put forth a clear positive case for its existence. Because so far no one has done this. All you've done is spout garbage.
What assertion did I make about you to fit my needs? Or anyone else for that matter? I don't claim that you are all the same in every way, but most here are atheists and most here that communicate with me are hateful, spiteful individuals towards me. If that's to broad for some then they should act differently instead of playing follow the leader. Stop projecting. I specifically said your views didn't really bother me but one. It is others that are quick to stereotype me as just another theist, or hypocrite. Believe me, if any put forth any genuine worthwhile conversation toward me without any implied or direct disrespect then I would have taken note, and do.
08-02-2016, 07:11 PM
(08-02-2016 11:03 AM)mgoering Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 09:31 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Ummmm, no. It is an expression of uncontrolled rage. Depending on what words you type it can be harmless, a misdemeanor or even a felony.

I'm a little curious.
You admit to major memory problems and admit that you don't even think of us as individuals, rather as a "whole".
You admit to committing attempted murder (a felony last time I checked) and being incarcerated multiple times for multiple issues.
You admit to anger being the driving, most potent factor in your life.
You admit that anger has controlled you in the past and led to multiple criminal acts.
You admit that you can still tap into that anger when provoked.
You admit that the only reason you haven't murdered someone is because of your new-found faith. Your faith in a malicious, genocidal, bloody god. A god who people kill for on an hourly basis.
You clearly exhibit misogynist behaviors, both online and in real life.

I'm curious. Why haven't you been banned yet?

Come on people, let's be a little more self-reflective. I've seen numerous times where atheists on this blog have gone off on someone verbally. If that's considered an expression of uncontrolled rage that warrants banning from this forum, then there are quite of few others who should be banned as well.

I respect Pops for his openness about his past, and his confession that he struggles with these same issues to this day. He's explained that this is a big part of why he turned to Christianity. We should argue against that line of reasoning, but let's stop the personal attacks.
Thank you. I do appreciate that. Saying myself wouldn't have any effect, or at least not a positive one. Thank you again.
08-02-2016, 07:12 PM
I am not really fond of people with murderous intent no matter what god they do or do not believe in.

Oh, this is Anjele, not Julep.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post