What negative experiences have you had with Christians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 07:43 PM
RE: What negative experiences have you had with Christians?
(05-02-2016 06:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 03:45 PM)carol Wrote:  I have met some great parents and kids in my class, both religious and non religious. We were able to connect and design a program that met their needs, and it is my job to do that, and I enjoyed their children too. That being said, this rant is about the small group of parents who misuse their religion as an excuse to be abusive.

Fucking religion.
I used to be much more tolerant of religious extremism, when I first started out I though it was simply a choice, a bit gullible but harmless. But I have seen the harm it can cause families now, especially famillies that were dysfunctional to begin with. It gives them an excuse to be brutal and also an excuse to not see their own behavior. It puts blinders on them. Sorry that you and your daughter and those poor kids had to go through that, I hope that the kids got past it...

Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like carol's post
06-02-2016, 12:28 PM
(05-02-2016 04:35 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I never said atheists in general where evil. That would be a flawed stereotype, similar to saying all "Christians" are saved or without sin.

You don't have to say it. The bible says it

Quote:2 Corinthians 6

14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial?[b] Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
06-02-2016, 01:30 PM
(06-02-2016 12:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 04:35 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I never said atheists in general where evil. That would be a flawed stereotype, similar to saying all "Christians" are saved or without sin.

You don't have to say it. The bible says it

Quote:2 Corinthians 6

14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial?[b] Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?
Non believers in that context are those who know God's will yet actively and intentionally go against it.
06-02-2016, 01:33 PM
I know a christian who said that children suffering and starving was a celebration of gods glory.

I hate religion.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-02-2016, 03:05 PM
(06-02-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 12:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  You don't have to say it. The bible says it
Non believers in that context are those who know God's will yet actively and intentionally go against it.

Exactly what context gives it that meaning? You appear to be reading more into it than is there, which is not at all surprising.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-02-2016, 05:01 PM
(06-02-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 12:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  You don't have to say it. The bible says it

No, it doesn't mean that. It doesn't even imply that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2016, 07:58 PM
(06-02-2016 03:05 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 01:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Non believers in that context are those who know God's will yet actively and intentionally go against it.

Exactly what context gives it that meaning? You appear to be reading more into it than is there, which is not at all surprising.
2 Corinthians 6 (KJV) - 2ይ ቆረንቶስ
1: We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
06-02-2016, 07:58 PM
It's talking about exactly what I said it was.
06-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Oh goody...the psycho and the babble. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-02-2016, 08:01 PM
(06-02-2016 07:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh goody...the psycho and the babble. Dodgy
Calling me sexist didn't work out so now I'm a psycho huh?

Whatever makes you feel better I guess.