Poll: What is your political leaning?
Left Wing
Right Wing
I read World Weekly News while I go to the bathroom.
[Show Results]

What political leaning do you have?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 04:32 PM
RE: What political leaning do you have?
Hmmm, it's more complicated than that. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 04:32 PM
I lean more to the right. Here in Ireland we're getting a more "nanny state" type of government, which pisses me off. The political system is dire need of change, but no political party has the balls to change it. When it comes to elections I tend to spoil my vote.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2015, 04:38 PM
And wtf, am I the only one voting for Weekly World News?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-04-2015, 04:39 PM
(11-04-2015 04:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  And wtf, am I the only one voting for Weekly World News?

I thought they stopped publishing a few years back...

... this is my signature!
11-04-2015, 04:41 PM
(11-04-2015 04:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 04:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  And wtf, am I the only one voting for Weekly World News?

I thought they stopped publishing a few years back...

They appear to have a web presence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-04-2015, 04:46 PM
(11-04-2015 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 04:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I thought they stopped publishing a few years back...

They appear to have a web presence.

The current front page contains Bat Boy, twinkies, and Aliens. This is promising.

I had figured they were totally DOA when I stopped seeing the dead tree edition in supermarkets.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
11-04-2015, 08:10 PM
(11-04-2015 04:26 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, weeping spaghetti monster, I'm getting ol' Lumi flashbacks...

No ones mentioned spanking so we're all good for now.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-04-2015, 09:50 PM
(11-04-2015 08:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 04:26 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, weeping spaghetti monster, I'm getting ol' Lumi flashbacks...

No ones mentioned spanking so we're all good for now.

Or murdering IRS agents... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-04-2015, 06:35 AM
I come down pretty firmly in the libertarian camp, with a small left lean. Very small. Sometimes it goes away.

Pro-gun ownership, pro-choice, pro-marriage equality, for legalization of recreational drug use (though not for manufacturing, if you're gonna put other people in danger cooking meth that's not cool), you get the drift. The role of government is to protect people and their property, along with to provide basic infrastructure. Otherwise leave me alone.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
12-04-2015, 07:06 AM
(11-04-2015 05:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Right-wing Libertarian because it's the correct political position.

Right wing is too conservative and pro-business forgetting that people are people, not slaves.
Left is too nanny state forgetting that people are people, not babies.

You need to let people stand on their own two feet but acknowledge that shit happens and sometimes people need a helping hand.

Bullshit, the only difference between Libertarians and republicans is that they are willing to fuck gays and pot smoker's livable wages over along with the rest of us.

Trickle down did not work, and "less government" only works when business is doing the right thing on it's own, and only an idiot thinks it has been doing the right thing.

"Nanny state" is the cold war bullshit the right has scared voters into believing. The left is not anti business, the left is anti monopoly, anti plutocracy. Suzie Orman isn't exactly poor, neither is Warren Buffet, nor is BILLIONAIRE Nick Hanauer, and all of them see the exploding pay gap and lack of livable wages untenable long term.

All you are arguing is classist bullshit. If we all have a right to vote then that means workers have a vote too. And not every rich person is a republican or libertarian. All you are arguing is "fuck you I god mine" Ayn Rand bullshit which is as bad as Che which lead to Cuba.

It is an absolute MYTH that liberals hate business, what we hate is the bullying by one class which has allowed corporate monopolies to fuck workers over. Now do not rightfully say people are not slaves but vote for a party has the same value of cheap labor as republicans.

No sane liberal I would call sane wants to become North Korea, or even China. But fuck you if you think less government in our current climate of class plutocracy running our government will make things better. It will be pouring gas on the fire.

Now even with Che supporters, just like Ayn Rand idiots, the dodge world powers love is the misuses word "capitalism" as if it is a form of government, it is NOT! there is not one government on the face of the planet, friend or foe whose top powers do not own investments in the global market. Saudi Arabia's royal family owns oil companies and invests in banks and weapons. Gadaffi was a billionaire who owned stock in GE. China is a closed state, but it's communist party makes tons of money off taxing the western companies who move their for cheap labor and sell garbage to the rest of the world. CAPITALISM IS NOT A FORM OF GOVERNEMENT.

Libertarians are only right on social issues, but they are just as bat shit insane on economic issues. Fuck you if you think pay is keeping up with the cost of living. Now if you want government off your back, then stop allowing asshole companies slave wages to the point the rest of us have to subsidize their slave wages.

NOW, here is a BILLIONAIRE, who would agree with me NOT YOU! Keep watching this until you get your selfish self centered head out of your fucking ass! This is not a poor person telling the rich they are fucking up, this is a rich person telling his own class they are fucking up.

https://www.ted.com/talks/nick_hanauer_b...anguage=en

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post