What positive experiences have you had with xians. Nothing sexual, mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 02:45 AM
What positive experiences have you had with xians. Nothing sexual, mind.
Especially you choirboys.

This post is dedicated to Earmuffs.

Well have you?

I had one. A pastor visited me in hospital when I was insane on this trial drug and just talked to me. No mention of religion at all. Just that I was a fall risk.

Well?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: What positive experiences have you had with xians. Nothing sexual, mind.
None that was religious related or inspired. None of them have burned me at the stake yet, so that's positive.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
08-02-2016, 03:23 AM
(08-02-2016 03:19 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  None that was religious related or inspired. None of them have burned me at the stake yet, so that's positive.

Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-02-2016, 04:46 AM
No single positive experience with xtian come to my mind.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-02-2016, 05:23 AM
Why nothing sexual? I've had numerous Christian friends, some of whom are still good ones. Some of the ladies... were pretty good looking Blush Not that I'm gonna go there - I went there once and it was a disaster.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-02-2016, 05:47 AM
I had a Baptist minister drinking at the bar I tended when I was in the service.

He tipped pretty good - but was an annoying drunk.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-02-2016, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 06:21 AM by TheInquisition.)
I was friends with a pastor's son, we went on camping trips with the Royal Rangers (a knock-off of the Boy Scouts) when we were 10-11ish.

So we left that church and I meet him about 25 years later as an adult and he was pastor of a church at that time. I was still a Christian, but a self-described agnostic. It had been so long since I last saw him, he was just a snot-nosed kid, now we're full-grown adults with nothing in common. We just had a little bit of small talk and I went about my business.

I hear about a year later that he was having an affair with a member of his church, he had a wife and kids. So he lost his church, don't know if his wife divorced him because of it. So he definitely became a full-fledged pastor, complete with affairs and everything. Laugh out load

My agnostic, cynical self was totally not surprised. Rolleyes

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
08-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Well, they haven't been around to proselytize in a long time. That's positive. Once when I was 11 or so we made homemade donuts at our Methodist church and that was really a great experience. About 25 kids and we ate until we were ready to pop, fresh out of the oil. Yum. And I was a really shy kid and I kind of came out of my shell that day.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
08-02-2016, 08:25 AM
I married my wife. She married me knowing full well that I was not the christian husband she really wanted but I fit the bill in most other ways. I know that she did and still does wish I would change but that is actually a very small part of our relationship. She didn't marry me to change me, she did it because she loved me. The most interesting part is that I think our marriage has lasted because it actually is a godless one. Instead of trying to pray our problems away, we actually talk about them and take responsibility ourselves. That was something that I hadn't foreseen nearly 13 years ago.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 7 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
08-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Numerous and uncountable positive experiences with christians.

But none of that positivity was extrapolatable from the christianity.

Much of it was in spite of or irrelevant to what they claimed to believe.

Undecided

[+] 13 users Like DLJ's post