What recession?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2012, 09:11 PM
What recession?
I am STILL hearing about "the bad economy" and "times are tough in the recession" and "blah blah blah Fox News rhetoric Obama racism hidden under political agenda." I didn't notice it during the so-called recession and now I really have to ask... WHAT RECESSION? Dow Jones (aka the stock market standard) is back up to 13k, higher than before the "recession." Unemployment is still hovering around 8%, which is where it has always been (between 5% and 10%). And gas prices have nothing to do with a country's economy, and more to do with the Middle East and how much oil we've found.

The people in control refuse to acknowledge the end of the recession because then they'd have to lower prices back to pre-recession levels. But as long as the recession is still there, they have a reason for keeping everything marked up 200%.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2012, 10:05 PM
RE: What recession?
Gold:
[Image: chart.png]

Too high, still crap. The quickie version, anyway. Besides, there's that LIBOR crap, and scandalous shit from BofA...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-07-2012, 10:40 PM
(19-07-2012 09:11 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I am STILL hearing about "the bad economy" and "times are tough in the recession" and "blah blah blah Fox News rhetoric Obama racism hidden under political agenda." I didn't notice it during the so-called recession and now I really have to ask... WHAT RECESSION? Dow Jones (aka the stock market standard) is back up to 13k, higher than before the "recession." Unemployment is still hovering around 8%, which is where it has always been (between 5% and 10%). And gas prices have nothing to do with a country's economy, and more to do with the Middle East and how much oil we've found.

The people in control refuse to acknowledge the end of the recession because then they'd have to lower prices back to pre-recession levels. But as long as the recession is still there, they have a reason for keeping everything marked up 200%.
This may help you understand:
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...-the-rate/

[Image: 04economix-unemployment-blog480.jpg]

The U6 unemployment statistic which includes underemployed individuals which was 14.5% as of the time of the article which contained this chart comprising the number that produce that figure. It has crept up to 14.9% for June. College grads just entering into the workforce are finding it very difficult to find employment.

And on top of this, millions of people have dropped out of the workforce and are no longer counted as unemployed by government statistics because they have been unemployed so long. The labor participation rate continues to drop, by about 3% since the start of the recession:
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000/

[Image: latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2002_2012_all...6_data.gif]
20-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Soooo, people can't get a job because it's a recession. And it's a recession because people have stopped looking for jobs because of the recession?

All it would take is someone in power to get in front of a podium and say, "Recession is over!" and employers would start hiring again.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
20-07-2012, 05:21 AM
(20-07-2012 01:43 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Soooo, people can't get a job because it's a recession. And it's a recession because people have stopped looking for jobs because of the recession?

All it would take is someone in power to get in front of a podium and say, "Recession is over!" and employers would start hiring again.

And it started because people where saying “there’s a recession coming, don’t spend your money.”

So no one spent their money, and look! A recession just like they said!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche