What's Next For Apologetics?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2015, 04:52 PM
RE: What's Next For Apologetics?
(30-04-2015 04:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Like a sow's ear ---

You can't make a reasonable argument when all you've got is myth, legend and assorted bullshit in your arsenal.

I understand the whole getting spoon fed passages in church because I remember as a christian that whole thing being kind of mindless. You were just parroting back everything you heard. What I have trouble understanding are these religious nuts who actually take time to plan their debate (which means they have actually *thought* about things and maybe even did a little research.) The way they can actually believe what they are saying during their debates always blows my mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-04-2015, 04:56 PM
(30-04-2015 04:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-04-2015 04:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Like a sow's ear ---

You can't make a reasonable argument when all you've got is myth, legend and assorted bullshit in your arsenal.

I understand the whole getting spoon fed passages in church because I remember as a christian that whole thing being kind of mindless. You were just parroting back everything you heard. What I have trouble understanding are these religious nuts who actually take time to plan their debate (which means they have actually *thought* about things and maybe even did a little research.) The way they can actually believe what they are saying during their debates always blows my mind.

Money.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
30-04-2015, 04:57 PM
It's the same thing every time. Maybe some new syllogisms that they think prove god has to exist, but it's only a matter of time until someone with some intelligence walks by and knocks it over.

Then they go back to the drawing board and propose another idea. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. And once everyone forgets about the initial proposal, they'll circle back to it like it never had been defeated in the first place.
30-04-2015, 05:01 PM
I guess I've just grown tired of it. Tired of seeing the same bullshit and lies trotted out as concrete evidence. I struggle to express the thoughts this shit forces into my brain.

Each and every one of these arguments and their presenters deserve nothing more than, "Fuck off till you get some evidence." And feeling Jesus finger bang your stink hole is not evidence.

Shit makes me want to kick in the doors of a local church and start throwing haymakers.
30-04-2015, 05:04 PM
(30-04-2015 03:52 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  In June I'll have been here at TTA for one year, and in that year I've noticed a common theme in every atheism/theism debate...that they're all the same.

I have yet to see a single unique, thought provoking argument from any theist who has come through. It's always the same process:

1. Present argument, that has been debunked, as an unbreakable proof for their particular flavor of God.

2. TTA regulars scoff at but then proceed to dismantle said argument.

3. Theist turns to chess playing pigeon or simply repeats same argument points over and over in the form of a 5 year old playing "I win."

4. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Considering these trolls are merely parroting their favorite apologist, I can't imagine things are much different at the professional debating level. In fact, I've watched enough debates to know its practically the same.

So back to the topic question, what is the next step for apologists and their God? Surely they can't just keep coming with the same defeated arguments. Will someone come up with a new "proof" to debate, or at least put a new spin on an old one?

Some of the newer tactics is to attack science, anything novel the science community discovers or presents the religious hacks attempt to discredit using their own version of “science”. To anyone but themselves it is obvious bullshit, to them, another reason to believe in god.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Full Circle,

I can't describe the rage induced when some fuck wit Christian demands science provide evidence for even a hypothesis, meanwhile they walk around with their heads lodged thoroughly up their ass, requiring no evidence from the guy on stage selling them advice on how to live and where they'll go when they die based upon a 2000 year old civilization.

It's absolutely mind blowing and the most literal form of hypocrisy I can think of.
30-04-2015, 05:18 PM
(30-04-2015 04:38 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Esquilax,

... why do they bother?

Many think they are ordered by their god to preach to unbelievers.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-04-2015, 05:22 PM
A lot of my debates end up with the theists quoting some kind of book.

Now the books they use don't present any evidence or information... They are just books about how to argue. Books about how other people are wrong but nothing about how they are right.

Very rarey is a debate a straightforward discussion. It ends up with hair splitting and word manipulation... Mainly about how I am wrong but presenting nothing about why they are right.

Kalam isn't an argument for god. Its just an argument against the theories of abigenesis and the big bang etc. And trying to point out that others are wrong but kalam says nothing about why they are right

Pascals wager isn't evidence for god... Its a means to make someone re-evaluate their position and what awaits them if they are wrong.

They also like to belittle the arguments by saying "That question is old, ask something new".. While ignoring the fact that the questions are old for a reason. If someone can give a sound answer to these 'old questions' then there would be no need for them to be asked.

None of the common arguments back up their claims... They are just used in attempt to shut down opposition.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
30-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Anjele,

I recall hearing things about them being commanded to "spread the word", but are you aware of any scripture stating to do as such?
30-04-2015, 05:26 PM
(30-04-2015 05:24 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Anjele,

I recall hearing things about them being commanded to "spread the word", but are you aware of any scripture stating to do as such?

Mark 16:15 NKJV

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”