What's The Stupidest Thing You've Ever Done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 08:04 AM
RE: What's The Stupidest Thing You've Ever Done
Late for work, running around the house looking for my keys. Saw them on the desk, pointed at them and said to the air, "There they are." I was out the front door before I realized I didn't actually pick them up.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like izel's post
09-06-2016, 08:10 AM
The stupidest things I've ever done don't have any business on a public forum, and I'm not exactly the type to hold back either, if that's not obvious yet.

I mean I've told my story about getting in a fight with a thai boxing cross dresser in Thailand and stuff like that, which was definitely stupid, but far from the stupidest. The stupidest things I've done could probably result in charges.

More than once, an inmate has complimented my "not an asshole like the other guards" nature, to which I've responded "I recognize that the only difference between me and most of you is that you got caught and I didn't."

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
09-06-2016, 08:25 AM
there was another thread with the same title more or less. I posted no comment for some of those same reasons.
09-06-2016, 08:28 AM
(09-06-2016 08:04 AM)izel Wrote:  Late for work, running around the house looking for my keys. Saw them on the desk, pointed at them and said to the air, "There they are." I was out the front door before I realized I didn't actually pick them up.
Hi Izel <waves>
Mine was looking for something so firmly grasped in my own hand the I was one with it, and it with me. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
09-06-2016, 08:49 AM
(09-06-2016 08:28 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 08:04 AM)izel Wrote:  Late for work, running around the house looking for my keys. Saw them on the desk, pointed at them and said to the air, "There they are." I was out the front door before I realized I didn't actually pick them up.
Hi Izel <waves>
Mine was looking for something so firmly grasped in my own hand the I was one with it, and it with me. Facepalm

I used to do that all the time back when I still smoked weed. Doesn't happen anymore (although I still do plenty of other stupid stuff).

One time I got into a road rage incident with a guy in an SUV (I was riding a bicycle). I got mad because he was blowing his horn at me (not just a toot, but leaning on the horn from two blocks behind me until after he passed me), so I got in front of him at the stop light and blocked the lane, forcing him to change lanes to get around me (I know, stupid, but that's what the thread is about!). As he passed me, we started yelling at each other. I was eating a cinnamon roll that I had picked up at the store a bit earlier, and I threw what was left of it at him. I meant to bounce it off the side of his SUV, but it went through the open window into his front seat.

Well, that made him really mad, so he stopped a block or so up the road, got out of his car, and tried to head me off at the pass: "I'm gonna fuck you up", he said. I managed to get past him and started bobbing and weaving, turning as often as possible, trying to lose him. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I turned into a dead-end street. When I got to the end ("oh shit"), i pulled into someone's driveway and hid behind a big tree. A few seconds later, the guy drove up. He either didn't see me, or decided this wasn't worth pursuing any further, and drove off. Whew!

I'm sure I've done stupider things than that, but that was the first thing that came to mind -- and it was just a few years ago. I should know better at my age.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-06-2016, 08:01 PM
(09-06-2016 08:10 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The stupidest things I've ever done don't have any business on a public forum, and I'm not exactly the type to hold back either, if that's not obvious yet.

I mean I've told my story about getting in a fight with a thai boxing cross dresser in Thailand and stuff like that, which was definitely stupid, but far from the stupidest. The stupidest things I've done could probably result in charges.

More than once, an inmate has complimented my "not an asshole like the other guards" nature, to which I've responded "I recognize that the only difference between me and most of you is that you got caught and I didn't."

You and me both, but I actually have done time. A lot depends on the attitude at the time law enforcement arrives. There is a large gray area that the officers on scene can make a judgment call on. That said, sometimes the crime requires some time. My crime was extremely petty, but I got more time than that raping asshole from Stanford. And the only people who were injured had it coming. Well, I got hurt too, just not as badly. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
10-06-2016, 08:50 PM
IDK, that list is kind of long but...

when my bff and I were growing up we spent a lot of our summers at the county lake which their property butted up against our property on our road. It was 27 miles by road around the lake so we had a big back yard to play in, ride horses in and get in trouble with. It also was above the flood bottoms of the Missouri River (on the Ks side) and when we got really bored we would go way further than we were supposed to and go down the dam, across the tracks and out onto the farm lands of the river bottom.

For several years the guy there raised watermelons and one day when we were about 12 we thought stealing some melons would be a nice treat after such a long hot wander. We grabbed a couple of melons and headed for the train tracks to bust the melons open on. Just as we opened one melon and were burying our faces in the sweet juiciness we heard this guy yelling. We looked up and he was headed for us with a shotgun in his hand.

We split like dried peas and ran for the dam and the cover of the spillway outlet. about halfway there a shot rang out and suddenly my ass was on fire! Lindy's too. We hightailed it out of there and ran nearly all the way home. When we got home we went into the bathroom and were peeling off our shorts when Lindy's mom came in and saw our red speckled behinds. We cried and spilled our guts about our adventure.

She picked up a hairbrush and Lindy and I for sure thought we were in for it. But she looked at our crying faces and put the brush down. She then reached over and turned on the hot water for the tub and told us to soak in a hot tub, we'd only been peppered with rock salt and we'd be fine. She left.

We thought, wow, we got off easy and we giggled as we started to set our naked fannies in the hot water. OMFG! We howled like burnt dogs. Our butts were on fire again. The hot water made the salt in our raw flesh burn like fire. Lindy's mom, from the other side of the door said, "and stay in that water until I tell you to get out or it's the hairbrush for you." We cried. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

***This is where I grew up. The purple dots are mine and Lindy's houses, the lake is north and the dam is at the other end of the lake. The neon green was the farmlands, the white spot was the farmhouse and that dark green spot is where they raised the Arabia from under 100ft of river silt. It was a great place to grow up. We had tons of freedoms. Woods, lake, trails, fishing, boating. Being able to disappear from sun up to sun set is probably what save me. The only thing we never did was go to the river. We couldn't make it there and back before dark so we never did. Smile
[Image: Pa1aN9F.png]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
10-06-2016, 10:04 PM
(10-06-2016 08:50 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  IDK, that list is kind of long but...

when my bff and I were growing up we spent a lot of our summers at the county lake which their property butted up against our property on our road. It was 27 miles by road around the lake so we had a big back yard to play in, ride horses in and get in trouble with. It also was above the flood bottoms of the Missouri River (on the Ks side) and when we got really bored we would go way further than we were supposed to and go down the dam, across the tracks and out onto the farm lands of the river bottom.

For several years the guy there raised watermelons and one day when we were about 12 we thought stealing some melons would be a nice treat after such a long hot wander. We grabbed a couple of melons and headed for the train tracks to bust the melons open on. Just as we opened one melon and were burying our faces in the sweet juiciness we heard this guy yelling. We looked up and he was headed for us with a shotgun in his hand.

We split like dried peas and ran for the dam and the cover of the spillway outlet. about halfway there a shot rang out and suddenly my ass was on fire! Lindy's too. We hightailed it out of there and ran nearly all the way home. When we got home we went into the bathroom and were peeling off our shorts when Lindy's mom came in and saw our red speckled behinds. We cried and spilled our guts about our adventure.

She picked up a hairbrush and Lindy and I for sure thought we were in for it. But she looked at our crying faces and put the brush down. She then reached over and turned on the hot water for the tub and told us to soak in a hot tub, we'd only been peppered with rock salt and we'd be fine. She left.

We thought, wow, we got off easy and we giggled as we started to set our naked fannies in the hot water. OMFG! We howled like burnt dogs. Our butts were on fire again. The hot water made the salt in our raw flesh burn like fire. Lindy's mom, from the other side of the door said, "and stay in that water until I tell you to get out or it's the hairbrush for you." We cried. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

***This is where I grew up. The purple dots are mine and Lindy's houses, the lake is north and the dam is at the other end of the lake. The neon green was the farmlands, the white spot was the farmhouse and that dark green spot is where they raised the Arabia from under 100ft of river silt. It was a great place to grow up. We had tons of freedoms. Woods, lake, trails, fishing, boating. Being able to disappear from sun up to sun set is probably what save me. The only thing we never did was go to the river. We couldn't make it there and back before dark so we never did. Smile
[Image: Pa1aN9F.png]

You "Evil little thing"! Tongue

As children, we used to go hiking in the fields and mountains around where we lived for many hours. We could disappear from breakfast until lunch, and then from lunch until dinner, no problem. It's a different world, these days.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
10-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Hey, I paid for it that day. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
11-06-2016, 06:42 PM