What's Your Christmas Movie(s)/Episodes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 05:18 PM
What's Your Christmas Movie(s)/Episodes?
With all the movies and tv specials that center around Christmas, it is fairly common (or seems fairly common) for people to find a few favorites to watch every year around or on Christmas. For quite a few, it's tradition to watch a specific movie. Do y'all have something(s) you watch every year? I know I got a few.

*Hook. Peter's children get kidnapped on Christmas so it counts to me. (not that there really has to be a real reason to watch a movie on a specific time of year but eh)
*Mickey's Christmas Carol.
*Muppet's Christmas Carol.
*Tokyo Godfather. It's an anime movie made by Satoshi Kon, the same guy that made Perfect Blue and Paprika. Unlike Kon's other works, this is more humorous and based in the "real world." Three hobos, a middle aged man, a runaway teen girl, and a drag queen, are digging through the trash on Christmas Eve (or is it Christmas? I forget) and they find a baby. The drag queen wants to keep the baby while the other two try to persuade her to return the baby to the police/parents. So the movie is them trying to fully convince the drag queen to return the baby and hunting down the baby's parents.
*The Santa Clause
*If I still had it, the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh episode where Pooh dresses up as Santa and tries to give everyone presents. Such cute. Much Pooh.
*Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer though now it's to laugh and hate on it. Really, all you need to know about that movie is that unless you're a misfit, you're an ass! And why is Sam the Snowman laughing at the prospector for wanting silver and gold and then around singing about how a tree needs silver and gold (I know that's probably not how they meant that song to be but thats what I get from it). And what the frick is wrong with a cowboy who rides an ostrich? The boat that can't float might be a problem but that spotted elephant is damn adorable! Who the hell wants a doll that cries? It's make me cry as a kid if my doll cried! Then again, I was a strange child. I'd cry if I saw it cry, then my mom would probably tell me she was suppose to do that, then I'd probably think of how she's sad all the time and that would make me cry more because she's always sad. Ramble ramble but this movie has been working me up within the last few years yet I watch it every damn year. *stomps foot, points upwards* TRADITION!
*Frosty the Snowman Everyone but the rabbit is stupid.
*The Christmas epi of Pinky and the Brain. Spoiler, they plan to take over the world.
*Ask A Ninja's Red Death the On-Fire Paindeer

That's about it for me. Wow, that's more than I realized I had. So yeah, what''s on your "what to watch" list during this time of the year? Or do you have any?

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: What's Your Christmas Movie(s)/Episodes?
A Christmas Story

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-12-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm a glutton for crappy sappy holiday movies.

Right now, I'm watching White Christmas, with Bing Crosby.

I'm in serious need of an intervention.

Tonight I'll think I'll try to scour up every holiday episode of Fraser.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-12-2014, 05:27 PM
(22-12-2014 05:20 PM)unfogged Wrote:  A Christmas Story

That is indeed the best Christmas movie. However, I've only seen it once or twice, and would not watch it every year. If I watch a movie at all during this Christmas season, it will probably not be any "Christmas movie".
22-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Re: RE: What's Your Christmas Movie(s)/Episodes?
(22-12-2014 05:18 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  *Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer... And what the frick is wrong with a cowboy who rides an ostrich?

I know! I was distraught as a kid because they didn't sell them! And I would take a Charlie-in-the-box! (I do a pretty good imitation of him.) Bonus : I looked just like Hermie the elf as a kid.
22-12-2014, 05:33 PM
National lampoon's Christmas vacation!

[Image: spw42f.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-12-2014, 05:35 PM

[+] 4 users Like RogueWarrior's post
22-12-2014, 05:47 PM
[Image: Scrooged_film_poster.JPG]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
22-12-2014, 06:03 PM
(22-12-2014 05:29 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 05:18 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  *Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer... And what the frick is wrong with a cowboy who rides an ostrich?

I know! I was distraught as a kid because they didn't sell them! And I would take a Charlie-in-the-box! (I do a pretty good imitation of him.) Bonus : I looked just like Hermie the elf as a kid.

I have to ask...are you a dentist?

And I need to get my hands on Scrooged. Looks like a something I'd like.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
22-12-2014, 06:18 PM
(22-12-2014 06:03 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 05:29 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I know! I was distraught as a kid because they didn't sell them! And I would take a Charlie-in-the-box! (I do a pretty good imitation of him.) Bonus : I looked just like Hermie the elf as a kid.

I have to ask...are you a dentist?

And I need to get my hands on Scrooged. Looks like a something I'd like.

Scrooged is a must every year! Blush I mean it's a funny ass movie anyway, but come on...!...
This is the gnarliest ghost of christmas future EVER! Laugh out load