What's Your Favorite Zombie Movie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: What's Your Favorite Zombie Movie?
(14-06-2016 12:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Most of my favorites have already been mentioned. I like all of George Romero's zombie movies, but the original Night of the Living Dead was the best of them. I also greatly enjoyed comedies like Dead Alive, Shaun of the Dead, and Zombieland. I even liked the one with Brad Pitt a few years ago (can't remember the name).

in general, I like the comedies better than the serious ones.

You listed all of my favs!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Shaun of the Dead as others have said; I love the light hearted nature overall for such a movie, plus when the military does show up, they steamroll the zombies exactly like any half trained military force should.

Zombieland, as others pointed out. Fake Zombie Bill Murray regretting Garfield is great, and zombie clowns are hilarious.

Loved 28 Days Later like Mr. Boston posted. The desolate shots of the London streets at the beginning, set a tone in a way very few films ever manage to do from the outset.

Dishonorable Mention: 28 Weeks Later...they took such a good movie and made a not so good sequel. Also, I'm very sorry, but given how easily spread the Rage virus is, the moment we had idiot-kiss husband who was infected break containment and spread it to the civilian populace, there should have been a total military pull out and nothing short of a (or several, but I'm thinking the concentration of people was on the Isle of Man) tactical nuke dropped on London. None of this half hearted gassing, selective shooting, and eventual napalming and no one shooting down a helicopter breaking in and out of a quarantine zone.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2016, 04:05 PM
I can't decide for one but here are my favourites:

* Shaun of the dead
* Dawn of the dead (both the original and the remake)
* I am legend (if it counts)
* World War Z (although in the end it seemed like they rushed a finish)
* Pet Sematary (if it counts)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user